• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

using a stock pack with an adjustable cheeck rest

chittnp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Olympia, WA
I was wondering if anyone out there is using a staock pack with a stock with an adjustable Cheek piece? I have a large stock pack by triad that I would like to use with the Manners T4A Im planning on picking up for my R700. Any one sun a similar set up? I was thinking that I might just get a non adjustable T4 is they dont work well together, I really like being able to keep a few bits and bobs on the rifle.

Thanks!

Re: using a stock pack with an adjustable cheeck rest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chittnp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if anyone out there is using a staock pack with a stock with an adjustable Cheek piece? I have a large stock pack by triad that I would like to use with the Manners T4A Im planning on picking up for my R700. Any one sun a similar set up? I was thinking that I might just get a non adjustable T4 is they dont work well together, I really like being able to keep a few bits and bobs on the rifle.

Thanks! </div></div>
I don't know about using a Triad Stock Pack with a McMillan or Manners Tactical Stock wih an adjustable cheekpiece, but I know that you can definitely use a Tac Ops Stock Pack with a McMillan or Manners Tactical Stock wih an adjustable cheekpiece. This is possible because the underside of Tac Ops Stock Packs is covered almost entirely with "loop" (the "loop" in Hook & Loop principal of "Velcro"). This construction allows the three (3) straps that secure the Stock Pack to the rifle to be positioned to fit just about any stock, tactical or otherwise.

Most bolt action rifle stocks don't need need them, but Tac Ops offers their Stock Packs with extra-length retention straps to accomodate the extra height of newer "tactical" stocks. Tac Ops is the only Stock Pack manufacturer that I know of that takes the "taller" buttstocks of tactical stocks such as the McMillan A4, A5, and A3-5 as well as the Manners T4 and T5 stocks into account and offers extra-length straps to accomodate them. However, YOU WILL NEED TO ORDER THE STOCK PACK DIRECT FROM TAC OPS as it is unlikely that retailers who carry Tac Ops Stock Packs will have the LONG STRAPS in stock.

Except for a narrow where the Stock Pack bends at the ridge of the stock's cheekpiece, the underside of Tac Ops Stock Packs' is almost completely covered in "loop" ("loop" being 1/2 of the "hook & loop" principle in "Velcro"). The underside of the Stock Pack Straps are covered in "hook". This means that you can position the Pack's four retention straps to fit a wide variety of stock styles and sizes.

<span style="font-weight: bold">NOTE:</span> On older Tac Ops Stock Packs the crease area is about 1.25" wide, but new production Stock Packs have a more narrow (approximately 1/2" wide) crease area to reduce the slight "bumps" that can result <span style="font-style: italic">if the straps are overlaid on the "crease"</span>. I have both older and newer production and I've had an issue with the older packs.

<span style="font-weight: bold">NOTE:</span> The photos below are of an older MultiCam Tac Ops Stock Pack, so the photos of the underside show a 1.25" wide strip on the crease between the Right and Left sides of the Pack. Also, the area where the three (3) bottom straps are routed is sewn in a way that you can tuck the ends of Straps under the Stock Pack so that they aren't exposed. I didn't bother to tuck them in out-of-sight before I shot the photos below.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Underside of Tac Ops MultiCam Stock Pack with LONG Straps:</span></span>
TacOpsStockPackUnderside8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideLS8x6.jpg

TacOpsStockPackUndersideRS8x6.jpg

I highly recommend that you order a Tac Ops Stock Pack with LONG Straps. As I said above, you will have to order direct from Tac Ops, as retailers who carry Tac Ops Stock Packs will only have Stock Packs with the Regular Straps.

Keith

i use the Triad eagle stock pack on my McMil Adj3-5. its great

I have an adjustable McMillan A5 and stock pack, zero issues.

Here is the Large Triad pouch on a A5 with the comb down:
400006-3.jpg

The underside is completly lined with loop so you can move the attachment straps where you need them. AND you can attach Velcro material to it so you can raise the comb height or made the comb wider:
P6260026.jpg

I use an Eagle pack on my duty rifle, which is a 700 with a McMillan A5 with an adjustable cheek rest. No issues at all, and it makes the rifle more pleasant to shoot during extended training sessions and lay on for extended times during live operations.

Thanks for the replies. I ordered the Large stock pack from Triad a few months ago, but I had it delivered to my House in the states, and since Im in Afghanistan, I havent had a chance to see it in the flesh yet lol. Thanks!

I use the Large Triad stock pack with a Karsten cheek piece on my HTG with no problems.