• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Using A Weatherby Mark V Mag Box in A Rem 700?

dakor

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2007
ND
Has anyone here used Weatherby’s large magazine box for their 30-378 Mark V in a Remington 700 BDL before? If so what were the results and what is the Max OAL that the cartridge can be and still fit in the box? I am not too impressed with the results of large center feed box I have so I am looking for other options.

We have a bolt in BDL long bottom metal with a 3.775 length magazine on sale for $199 . Weatherby contacted me to make a Mark V unit using the same magazine . If it helps. Thanks Dave @ PTG

I have probably for the same reasons your looking for a replacement. Approximate length just shy of 3.8" I use them in all my RUM rifles with std. mag boxes. Slight mods to the action and the box has to be notched for the latch of a BDL floorplate. There will be no top loading. You'll have to open the floorplate and drop rounds in from the bottom.

Thank you guys for the information I am still on the fence of what to do. I may make my own mag box and see if I can get it to work the way I want to work. Thanks again.