• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using Ballistic calculator

russ10x

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
Connecticut
Guys
I wonder if anyone can answer this for me. I have 20MOA scope base. As my rimfires are truly trainers, I train like I am going to shoot, so all the tools are with me, just scaled down. So I set up my ballistic calculator on my Iphone and it gives me my come ups. Does this take into effect the 20 MOA rail that is on my gun? Or do I need to subtract 20 MOA from my total? I have not had the opportunity to conduct this on an actual range, but I thought it was good Forum Fodder.....

Your zero is your zero no matter what degree your scope is on so it should have nothing to do with your program the 20 moa base just gives you more room to adjust your poa lower with out holdover

Just like your big guns the base doesn't matter just your zero distance. You'll probably find like most of us that the calculators really don't work as well with the rimfires as the do with centerfire.

I actually used JB before for the Wolf Match, and set up my holdovers and the Calc nailed it. Out to 200+, although the 200 yard was on the lower duplex and it was a close guess!
This was a 50 yard zero...

dEMPJl.jpg