• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using Excel to Build Data Table

abn_surfer

Vaya con Dios
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2009
    Coastal South-East
    I hope someone can help I am trying to build a data tables for loads on different rifles on Excel, being a low tier spreadsheet guru can someone please send their XLS, or point me in the right direction where I can find a template?

Thank you

I hope someone can help I am trying to build a data tables for loads on different rifles on Excel, being a low tier spreadsheet guru can someone please send their XLS, or point me in the right direction where I can find a template?

Thank you
    Attached is the XLS file that I use, but in order to be able to download it here, I've had to change the file extension to .pdf. So, after you download it, you'll have to change that extension to .XLS.

Attachments

• Cartridge Data.pdf
      1.2 MB · Views: 63
    Attached is the XLS file that I use, but in order to be able to download it here, I've had to change the file extension to .pdf. So, after you download it, you'll have to change that extension to .XLS.
    Thank you for the file. I am looking it over now. Unfortunately, I don't have a high speed chronograph, so I just get velocities from each round, so I am still using the Texas Instruments TI 83 from my college days, and I know there has to be an easier way. in the 21st century. Do you happen to know how to find SD/ES using Excel?

Reactions: straightshooter1
    Thank you for the file. I am looking it over now. Unfortunately, I don't have a high speed chronograph, so I just get velocities from each round, so I am still using the Texas Instruments TI 83 from my college days, and I know there has to be an easier way. in the 21st century. Do you happen to know how to find SD/ES using Excel?
    For SD's you can simply go to the Formulas tab, select More Functions, then select Statistical where you can find the STDEV function. Once you've selected STDEV you'll get a window where all you need do now is go to your list of MV's and select the range you want for the SD calculation. After doing this once, you can more simply go to the Recently Used icon to select the function you want to use.

As for the ES's, I'll simply sort a range of MV's the simply input the difference between the high and low (like: =2786-2769)

And if you want the average, simply use the average function, which you can find the same way as you can the SD function.

I read once that building spreadsheets of load data is the leading cause of erectile dysfunction and Dad jeans due to the fact that it's a natural estrogen inducer and enhances social isolation.

• Haha
    Reactions: abn_surfer
    This be your friend

Just curious about your chronograph comment. What chronograph are you using?
    There are very few examples of ones that don't spit out the stats on a string of shots?

If you can run a calculator you can learn to run Excel without wasting a lot of time. It ends up being well worth the effort to get started.

There are a variety of ways to use Excel for shooting.

There are also a variety of ways to learn to use a spreadsheet. These can be a range from books, online, or even in person classes at your local community college or library, etc..

I have taught the crustiest old salts, to the young ignorant to keep a diary and notes when shooting, the same goes for getting them to run a spreadsheet for the task. People come in all sorts of backgrounds and aptitudes, so there is a spread of minutes to days involved in learning Excel, but it is always something they have come back and thanked me for. YMMV

Reactions: abn_surfer