• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using Kestral 4500 w/ Atrag

spotswood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Florida
I just received my new Kestral w/ Atrag. Have never used a Kestral and for sure not with a ballistic program.

For you that use this gear, I am reading that every time you place the batteries and start it up you need to calibrate it by turning it multiple times slowly for orientation. Do you guys remove the batteries when you are done shooting for the day or do you leave them in all the time until dead? Supposedly if I remove them every day I shoot I will need to recalibrate it.

Is there a factory loaded data base such as for Black Hills 175 grain for a 308 or do I need to go somewhere on the internet to download into my unit?

How will this compare to my currrent I phone using Ballistic tactical field version and guestimating the wind direction and velocities?

Thanks