• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using magnetospeed sporter version with a can

Graywolf.260

rocket surgeon
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Refuge des cosmiques
This may have already been discovered by others but I found that a simple mod will make the cheaper sporter version work with a can (only tested on a Harvester 300 so far). Just take the rubber seat off of the bayonet so that the plastic is directly contacting the can. Move the rubber seat 180 degrees to the top of the can underneath the strap and tighten as usual. This brings the sensor close enough to the bore and keeps it axially aligned and tight so the sensor picks up readings without a problem.

Reactions: trob_205 and Wyfox
Sometimes it still doesn't work, but the combination of that and adding a small neodymium magnet onto the bayonet over where the two sensors are has worked out well, provided the sensitivity is adjusted correctly. Safety disclaimer: use your alignment rod to make sure you have proper clearance between the bullet path and the added magnets

Reactions: RWE3
Sometimes it still doesn't work, but the combination of that and adding a small neodymium magnet onto the bayonet over where the two sensors are has worked out well, provided the sensitivity is adjusted correctly. Safety disclaimer: use your alignment rod to make sure you have proper clearance between the bullet path and the added magnets
Would you mind posting what this looks like. I’m interested. It never dawned on me to try this but now I’m curious.

Reactions: plamia2
So I went out today and tried the magnets on the magnetospeed and it was awesome. I used some neodymium magnets from harbor freight. Stacked 4 together on my omega, turned up the sensitivity, and it worked like a champ. Best of all, by mounting on the can, the poi shift I say was only 0.5 moa low. That’s a fraction of what it was without the can. As far as the can getting hot, I just took the inside liner on my rifles only suppressor cover and mounted the magnetospeed to that. No heat issues.

Reactions: 11bar
Didn't get back to internet land until just now to see your post, but I'm glad it worked out for you too. With the magnets I've even been able to get it to work on a suppressed .22