• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using the zero offset on the kestrel 5700..

mxer919

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
TX, SE.
Howdy fellas,
Alright, I will admit. I'm computer stupid. I did manage to figure out the Kestrel and make fairly good use of it. I read LLs article on the zero offset feature, even went back and reviewed the original instructions.
Still not clear on what goes where, so I m asking for assistance from better brains than mine. So if in rifle number one I use hybrid 140s, zero at 100yds so point of aim equals point of impact. Then I switch to hornady 147 and my impact is say 2 inches low. Do I create a second rifle profile for the 147 grain round and input the 2 inches low in the zero offset window there? Or do I input in the 140 hybrid entry?
Thank you in advance for any clarification.
Tim.

Your on point. With a 147 gr profile created, input it 2" low. Only way to find out that it tracks is to shoot it.

Thank you. Kinda what I figured but glad you clarified that. Will be testing tomorrow...Will post my results. Hope it will help someone else too...

F145BCF1-2233-44D5-A1D2-3F2C54A788BD.pngYour on track what I do is say have a “master” profile for the rifle/scope/ammo combination that is actually zeroed, then I will create secondary profiles for the rifle/ammo combinations that aren’t actually zeroed (have the offsets) when I name them I usually do it like this here is an example from my Kilo 2400 App.....[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/webkit-fake-url:\/\/bbd1106a-1d1e-46d6-8756-dc165f503e51\/imagepng"}[/IMG2]

Last edited: