• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Using thermal scope on pellet/bb rifle

TNVC_Will

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2018
Thinking about this for my Trail XQ38 for night time pest control. I’ve never messed with these before. Anybody have recommendations?

I’m thinking something like the Gamo Urban PCP .22. Pre charged air cylinder supposed to be good for 20-30 shots before needing to get recharged. 10 round rotary mag. Needing a pressure tank on stand by might get old. Can’t seem to find any break action pumps good for more than 1 shot or co2 based ones worth a shit.

What type of budget are you working with?
What projectile diameter are you looking to use?
How far are you shooting?

Lot's of cheap stuff out there, to VERY expensive. Anything from .17 to .50 as well.

Budget wise I’d like to stay under $500
Projectile .17 or .22
Range probably within 50 yards or closer to 25
Mainly mice/rodents.
Something quiet to not piss off the mrs in the middle of the night

Pcp is definitely the way to go. Benjamin makes some quality pcp rifles that are integrally suppressed. The Marauder is a quality rifle and is often priced between $400-500.00
I believe Hatsan is another common name but they aren’t made in the us

Thanks for the info. Checking out the Armada since it has a pic rail but not sure if the Pulsar qd Mount will clear the rotary mag.

I’m good on tanks, thanks for the info. I’m definitely going with a pcp gun. Been keeping watch looking for used.

And remember a nitro piston/ spring rifle can/ will break ANY scope. And quite fast too. PCP is the way to go. You'll also need a small tank to get more fills ( hand pumps are worthless imho) because the o rings burn out when pumping it up too fast.. PM me and I'll link ya to a good distributor of tanks that beats the competitions pricing.... all I shoot is air guns and it would be silly to say PCPs are a small investment... a tank is all you need if you have a place to fill locally. A compressor and a tank if you dont. Since its pest control/ small game, I'd go with a regulated gun that gets more shots per fill but produces less power.
Here's my coyote / fox rifle (a PCP airgun)
View attachment 6980684
Regards
Felipe