• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Using Tikka T1X in MDT Field Stock or Chassis with AICS Mag Well?

wcoats

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Apex NC
I recently purchased an MDT Field stock for Tikka T3X that was on sale during the MDT black Friday sale. I figured it might not work with my T1X, but that it was worth a try given the price and I was wanting to check out the MDT Field stock anyway.

The magazine assembly for the T1X stays attached even when the action is removed from the stock and the action is the same footprint as the T3X. I figured I might just be able to use the factory mag in it's mag well inside the larger mag well intended for AICS mags. The only issue is that the factory mag hits against the mag release latch and the back of the mag well. I could probably make it work by removing the latch and removing a little material form the factory Tikka mag where it is hitting. But instead of doing this:
  • Would any of the 22LR mags that fit in AICS mag wells for other 22 trainers work if I completely remove the factory mag assembly? Not sure if they would be putting the round in the correct place to get picked up by the bolt and feed.
PS. The MDT Field stock is impressive and seems very nice for the price point. I was worried that the forend wouldn't be ridged enough for my liking since the aluminum mini-chassis doesn't the full length. It is plenty rigid and wouldn’t cause any issues when loading a bipod.

Attachments

• IMG_5231.jpeg
    IMG_5231.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5236.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg
    525.3 KB · Views: 104