• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC 03 WW2 Rebuild Value??

xs hedspace

hippie redneck geezer
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2005
Bearsville, NY
I'm trying to sell this Rock Island 03 with a USMC 6-41 dated barrel, serial # on bolt, and the correct no-cartouche stock that was used to rebuild these at the beginning of WW2. Any collectors in the Hide that can give me a ballpark $ figure? Might take it to the Middletown Gun Show next weekend....

Re: USMC 03 WW2 Rebuild Value??

Could vary alot depending on if it was an actual USMC issue rifle. Have you had someone do an SRS check of the serial number? Also, depends on the source originality of the components in addition to the barrel. I'd get all available info., snap some pics, and head over to Culver's Shooting Page, register... and post your question on the M1903 Forum located there.

According to the senior members of Milsurps forum, the rifle has the following items of USMC lineage: S# on bolt, Hatcher hole for gas venting, RI S#in the 300,000 series, no cartouches on stock, Barrel marked USMC 6-41(Sedgley S in circle on barrel and sight hood), and vise marks on the barrel from a Navy 3 jaw barrel vise. Barrel is mint inside, stock has a couple scratches from storage, straight grip.

Cool... sounds like maybe you got the real deal there... a very rare rifle. The vice marks to me are a probable clincher. Lots of the same folks on Milsurps and Culver's ... I think John Beard is on both sites. He'd be a go to guy to ask about value. There's also a guy named Jim (last name escapes me right now) who's quite the USMC M1903 rifle expert.

i was gonna go but couldnt . you didnt happen to see if any one was selling 03 receivers or barreled receivers?