• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos USMC and French Foreign Legion in Afghanistan

Re: USMC and French Foreign Legion in Afghanistan

could be a kill flash

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAFUBAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gonna be hard to see thru that scope though...</div></div>

werd

He's got a pic of a nekkid chick on the inside of the scope cap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's got a pic of a nekkid chick on the inside of the scope cap. </div></div>

He is french....

Just sayin....

Actually I think like only 25% of the legion is French. They are the only hard asses in that country.

France that is, not Astan.

I worked with some of the french in afghanistan in 04 they where great! I hated there uniform pants LOL they had elastic cufs at the bottom.

For shame if all of a nations people are to be judged by their politicians...

And we Americans will always owe the French a bit of gratitude for their hatred of the English and willingness to help our up-start nation.

did not turn out so well for us either...

You can tell the guys are posing for the pictures. Open front cap would have been better though..lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us not forget how we bailed the French's ass out in Vietnam. </div></div>
I think there was something a wee bit bigger an more direct we helped with, um Normandy was a point of entry.
Back to the topic, cool pic even though it has its technical issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's got a pic of a nekkid chick on the inside of the scope cap. </div></div>

He is french....

Just sayin.... </div></div>

To steal from Bolt...Sometimes I quote myself....

I do appologize....intended as humor....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did not turn out so well for us either...

You can tell the guys are posing for the pictures. Open front cap would have been better though..lol </div></div>

and the guy on the right isnt bracing for the shit-ton of muzzle blast he is about to get

It's called a photo op guys, if the guy taking the picture has a point and shoot camera, he would be in for a little blast if it wasn't.
Great photo, though

that is called a Coalition Building Exercise.
laugh.gif

I guess not one of them cares about their hearing either, not one of them is plugged up. I have shot my share of 50's but never tried it without hearing protection but I imagine it's a real RINGER!

Beside the closed cover, it's a sweet rig tho!

found 3 other interesting pictures

bad ass tattoos on the last one

Yeah the pics of the Americans looks good, but what are the French doing there? arent they busy helping Iran build a nuke plant, or are they trying to make a deal with the next Iraqi pres. for some oil?
I dont know, I cant keep up with those crazy guys

Saw the tattoos on the last one, good little chuckle.
Chad

Please don't mistake the Legion for being French...
The may speak french, wear french uniforms, but they will always be the French "Outcast" military unit, wich the french can use in missions were casualties may occur, no need to cry tears over a none french soldier getting killed or wounded in a battle in wich the french people is not interrested in..

I personally have had the chance to have a buddy on one of my tours in Bosnia, a former Legionare of 2.éme REP who stoped his service after an accident in wich he had the oppotunety to stop as active and become desk soldier or leave for good, he choose last, and joined Danish army... Learned a shitload of stuff from him, and we ended up saving each others asses in some occations after that...
I respect him as one of the most proffesionals I ever laid my eyes on.. Of cause some are crazy, but aren't we all...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAFUBAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gonna be hard to see thru that scope though... </div></div>

Never seen Chuck Norris firing a weapon from his shoulder, 99 percent of the time it's from the hip..And he had a 102 percent hit ratio..
grin.gif

I would just like to thank all of the troops American and French for doing what they do, protecting their country. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and your loved ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightowl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never seen a marine with long hair or is he a ? </div></div>
yea no kidding, that long hair must have got atleast 75 marines killed..good thing he doesn't have facial hair or we probably would have lost the fight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB DEE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah the pics of the Americans looks good, but what are the French doing there? arent they busy helping Iran build a nuke plant, or are they trying to make a deal with the next Iraqi pres. for some oil?
I dont know, I cant keep up with those crazy guys </div></div>

One of the main points of French diplomacy has <span style="font-weight: bold">always</span> been to play both sides against the middle.

And, as pointed out elsewhere....the legion is predominantly made upo on non-French nationals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipitysnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightowl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never seen a marine with long hair or is he a ? </div></div>
yea no kidding, that long hair must have got atleast 75 marines killed..good thing he doesn't have facial hair or we probably would have lost the fight </div></div>

Since in these days its the high and tight and shaven faces that wins wars and not the long hair and beards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw the tattoos on the last one, good little chuckle.
Chad</div></div>

LOL, just saw that...

Some numbers for you guys :
- Created in 1831
- A foreign candidate will be rejected if he as "blood on his hands" (he will serve under a chosen name but have to tell his real name & country for non-crime check.)
- About only 1 of 7 candidates become 'legionnaire' after a 4 month selection process (physical and psychological requirements)
- After 5 years of duty, a 'legionnaire' can request to become French citizen
- La légion Etrangère is not a mercenary structure : they takes their orders from officers whom take their from Defense ministry/Président (all are French, some were foreigners at recruitment, they step up from rank to NCO then officers)

What are the pouches on their left hand side for?

I didn't think a French citizen can join the Legion unless as an officer?

Knew a lot of guys over the years who tried - a few got in - not many lasted though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightowl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never seen a marine with long hair or is he a ? </div></div>

When deployed to a war zone, some military personal is not as clean shaved as you see them state side, after all there fighting a war.

Some special -ops purposely let their hair and beard grow out, ( good for missions where you don't want to be recognized as military).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightowl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">never seen a marine with long hair or is he a ? </div></div>

When deployed to a war zone, some military personal is not as clean shaved as you see them state side, after all there fighting a war. </div></div>

you haven't been over seas have you silver?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Corkonian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the pouches on their left hand side for?

Knew a lot of guys over the years who tried - a few got in - not many lasted though.
</div></div>
Hi, Please fill your profile !

Every one can join the legion. But only French Officers can join AS Officer. All the NCO had started as simple legionnaire.

What I was trying to say is most are clean, even in a war torn region, but you have a few like the guy in the pic for whatever reason. I know the look of my hair was not and would not be my top concern, but then I wasn't a Marine either LOL.

And Yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JpS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Corkonian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the pouches on their left hand side for?

</div></div>

Every one can join the legion. But only French Officers can join AS Officer. All the NCO had started as simple legionnaire. </div></div>

Once a legionnaire or NCO becomes a french citizen can they apply to be, or become an officer then? Or must they be born french? I've just always wondered that but never asked.

Haha, yea it wasn't MY top concern either say over clean gear and weapons, mission criteria and info, etc. etc. But it seemed like to every E6 and above the enemy wasn't a foreign fighter, it was growing on the side of your head and on your face! Lol goodtimes....

Good-times?????????????? Wonder how many others had or are having a good-time? LOL You must really love it, sort of like Patton huh. I'm glad to have people like you around who absolutely love that LOL. True Patriots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw the tattoos on the last one, good little chuckle.
Chad </div></div>

Yeah thats a hoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JpS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Corkonian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the pouches on their left hand side for?

</div></div>

Every one can join the legion. But only French Officers can join AS Officer. All the NCO had started as simple legionnaire. </div></div>
Once a legionnaire or NCO becomes a french citizen can they apply to be, or become an officer then? Or must they be born french? I've just always wondered that but never asked. </div></div>
Yes, a foreigner, after doing his first contact (5 years), can become French. Then he can be re-enlisted (regarding his marks/evaluations and his wishes); during this second contract, he can be send to NCO school and so ranking higher... (keep in mind that every rank has a limit aging)

i heard a story of a canadian sniper shot and killed the taliban over 2 miles. Not sure if they are making stuff up or not but hard to believe. Unless the taliban is standing still and the weather is dry with no wind.
laugh.gif

You may be thinking of then-Corporal Rob Furlong of the 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI), who made a shot a 2657 yards, which is <span style="font-style: italic">only</span> 1.51 miles.

I actually despise it. It's just that it gets so stupid it's funny, and then it turns into a contest of who can get their ass chewed out the most.

say hello to my little friend , they will be smileing after he opens that lens cap and sends them some "foreign aid"