• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Green Redfield scope

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    Did anyone notice the USMC Green Redfield scope on eBay. I have no connection to it in any way, but it is a clean looking one.
    RTH

Looks pretty good- is it just the photo or is the finish on the eye piece and objective a different shade than the finish on the tube?

Last edited:
    Sir,
    I have two of them and the an anodizing does not match. It is normal. Looks like a great scope.

Looks pretty good- is it just the photo or does the finish on the eye piece and objective a different shade than the finish on the tube?

That is normal. If the color is consisent on the parts run the other way. What was the price? Was it a B prefix serial number?

Different scopes. The $7500 scope was the scope pictured in Senich's book. Long since sold for 7K. The $5k scope (un-numbered without rings) recently sold at the Louisville Gun Show for the 5K. Unfortunately that is what they go for. I sell a lot of them.
    Its been listed for at least, 4 months. Went from 7500$ to actual 5000$.

Different scopes. The $7500 scope was the scope pictured in Senich's book. Long since sold for 7K. The $5k scope (un-numbered without rings) recently sold at the Louisville Gun Show for the 5K. Unfortunately that is what they go for. I sell a lot of them.

That sure is strange, I bought the scope in Senich's book and don't remember paying that kind of money for it. It has since been sold to RTH1800.

Doc Les

I guess I could be being a bit harsh but I am not fond of the ones currently made. I think the hi-lux ones are the same ones, maybe better pics. To me, a better option is an original blue accurange commercial. Most of the rifles had a blued scope anyway. JMO.