• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

USMC M40 A5 ACTIONS

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    Hello,
    I was wondering what is the proper action to use for the USMC M40A5? I have most of the parts for the build, but have been told that the A5 does not use a old 6 digit action. Are there any 8541's out there that really know? I realize that some new actions are used, but are there no old ones? Everything else is about perfect and I do not want to fall down with the wrong action. Thank you in advance for any answers.

Re: USMC M40 A5 ACTIONS

USMC OD green A4. Full USMC spec. Everything is right I think, except the action. I really wanted to use the 6 digit I have. It is very nice.

Personally I haven't seen one with a 6 digit receiver, but I would assume there's a few out there. Most I have seen have E or G prefixes.

rth1800,

While I admire your perseverance in wanting a truly authentic looking USMC M40A5, it will be after all a repro. If the aesthetics of having a 6 digit action in lieu of the correct E or G series action is disturbing, perhaps you should post it in the WTT/WTB section. I sure some intrepid M40/M40A1 builder would love to have your 6 digit action, in exchange for a correct G or E series...

Just a thought...

Bob

Yes, but they would want me to give them 200 to boot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but they would want me to give them 200 to boot. </div></div>

Id bet not!

You ever post in the WTT area. You will get 500 PM's and spend days without getting much done.

Has anyone seen an M40 A5 with a 6 digit action? I have gone to alot of work to get it right, but want to use this action if I can. I think all the other things are absolutly correct.

I've got, ON MY RIFLE and not up for trade, an E series action that comes about 2500 numbers after hte last of the M40a3 actions that was posted on a list here..

My gunsmith liked what he saw with it, and the rifle is a shooter...

Can't be that hard to track down a hunting rifle someone has..?

The M40A3's and A5's are not made from 6 digit serial numbers, they are all E and G prefix numbers. Only M40's and M40A1's were built using the six digit serial numbers, but like someone already said, there are plenty of people wanting them and will pay good money or trade. Good luck!!

Oh, also on a little side note, make sure this is the rifle that you really want to build, I don't think people realize that the M40A5 weights at 20lbs with accessories (bipod, sling) and loaded with a 5rd mag. That doesn't even include the suppressor.

Is there a link to the A3 #s. And I will try the search button as well