• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Museum - drone coverage

I spent the day there a couple months ago, very nice museum.

Myself, wife and girls spent a half day there 2 years ago. Well worth the time if your in the area.

Great museum. One of the things I always take friends/family to when they come into town.

Me and another former Marine there did get a chuckle out of the t-shirts sold there being " made in Vietnam" but that's my cross to bear, kind of like the knife I got from the NRA that was made in China. Reaction to those days has softened some.

Me and another former Marine there did get a chuckle out of the t-shirts sold there being " made in Vietnam" but that's my cross to bear, kind of like the knife I got from the NRA that was made in China. Reaction to those days has softened some.

I can see letting bygones be bygones between countries but this "Not Made in the USA" goes up my ass.

Lots of hot air on "Global Economy" but I want people on EBT sewing my tighty whiteys getting more pay for work and less pay from the public treasury.

PS to my last.

I just bought a USMC trademarked item. Yes anything with an EGA or other USMC logo must pay royalties to the Marine Corps health and welfare program.

The seller of the item I bought is pre apologizing to his customers because come 2017 all USMC trademarked must be made in USA and prices will be rising. When he gets his new gear in Ill be trading my chinese M1941 herringbone cover for a made in USA one.

So as far as rules go I like that one.

As an aside skulls are not allowed in any approved USMC trademarked item which I guess was violated when it was decided the Raider patch is reauthorized. Glad they made an exception.

Last edited:
I agree, I didn't buy anything at the USMC museum, much as I would have liked to. Now if it was tagged " made in USA" I would have, even at a higher price.

I think I may now know my attitude on drones...
Last week, at school, there was a drone flying high enough to get a good overlook at the entire campus. No problem, cool. As it came down to treetop level, I looked, and then it was a mere 20' above and to my back, angled and focused directly at me. I felt a STRONG invasion of privacy and could only act as I was not only getting quite pissed, but wondering WTF this BS was. Yes, I get it, overview of campus, but a direct observation on one individual who is only walking to class, FINGER BITCHES! HERE I AM LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU, FUCK YOU AND YOUR DRONE!

I think I may have caused a BIGGER issue with whoever was operating it. As I was close to the door of my building, two Campus LEO pulled up, got out of the car, mikes in hand and annonced
"Please, everyone ignore the drone. We are asking that you do not use obvious hand signs or other actions on the drone, please ignore it!"
As I looked back, people were running for the concealment of trees, and many were flipping it off, yelling their 'fuck you's', a hippy was decrying the invasion of privacy by the system, it was beautiful! It DID make for a good laugh. I still wonder who I flipped off. I also know that I am not the only one who sees these things, at street level to be an invasion of personal space when they are operated as they were at that time. The school press was also discussing a scathing report on THAT day's activity as well

Awesome! The PR production company probably sold the school on the idea of "majestic, sweeping campus aerial shots depicting friendly, conscientious students going about their studies".

In the end what they got was reality.

Pretty sure the Marine Corps is the best PR company in the world. They don't need advice.

Pretty sure the Marine Corps is the best PR company in the world. They don't need advice.

I was referencing Switchblades post regarding what happened at his college.

Marines self promote? Surely you jest. Not the Corps fault it engenders such endearment. The public knows where it gets bang for its buck and just loves those rascally Devil Dogs. Back in the day the other services really got in a snit about this. So sad for the redheaded step children.

Shit, they slay dragons and climb mountains.....Where can I send my check!

A cool tidbit, that Museum was almost entirely built from donations. The majority of the staff there are volunteers. This is how they "afford" it.

The other services don't get fat checks and tons of free labor.....so their museums and support suck. It's kind of a shame really because shit is just rotting away because there are not enough resources dedicated to preservation.

In 300 years no one will even have heard of the Army, Navy or Airforce.... The Aliens who come down are going to wonder who these god soldiers are that we built monuments for. The EGA is going to be known as our symbol for the deity.

Shit, they slay dragons and climb mountains.....Where can I send my check!

A cool tidbit, that Museum was almost entirely built from donations. The majority of the staff there are volunteers. This is how they "afford" it.

The other services don't get fat checks and tons of free labor.....so their museums and support suck. It's kind of a shame really because shit is just rotting away because there are not enough resources dedicated to preservation.

In 300 years no one will even have heard of the Army, Navy or Airforce.... The Aliens who come down are going to wonder who these god soldiers are that we built monuments for. The EGA is going to be known as our symbol for the deity.

This is what the Army would display if they had a place to display it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/inside-the-armys-spectacular-hidden-treasure-room#3l8cf0m

Thats my shit as far as Im concerned and I want the Army to have a place to show it so I can go see it.

PS Im sure everyone else will visit the Army Museum too......if they are not busy at the USMC Museum.