• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Remington 40x rimfire.

crackerbrown

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2010

Thanks. Stevo that looks awesome. May I ask what scope that is? What all do I need for mine? Front and rear base, rings, and scope? What scopes were used on these? Thank you anybody for any information, I’ve been researching but haven’t found a lot on the USMC ones.

That looks like an old lyman super targetspot...you would need scope blocks to use that style of telescope.

That is probably a CMP sales rifle...they were intended to be shot with the iron sights it is equipped with. It is yours and you can do whatever you want with it...I personally wouldn’t dick with it, there is collector interest in those rifles and if you do any permanent modifications the value will take a significant hit.

Yes it is a cmp sales rifle, and is a 20x super target spot. They were intended to be used with irons, but I much more enjoy the scope. I have the sight blocks put up. The barrels were already tapped for the front scope mount so I used them. I lucked into mine at a gun store one day, it was just marked as a regular Remington 22. Nice find cracker, Hope u enjoy it

Thanks. Stevo that looks awesome. May I ask what scope that is? What all do I need for mine? Front and rear base, rings, and scope? What scopes were used on these? Thank you anybody for any information, I’ve been researching but haven’t found a lot on the USMC ones.

Awesome find man. Love these rifles. They’re shooters to boot! I have a USMC Property one as well. Per the serial # built in 1956. Ended up putting a Nightforce on it. I enjoy the scope a lot more than the sights. Great rifles. Good find man!

Reactions: Stevo86
Awesome find man. Love these rifles. They’re shooters to boot! I have a USMC Property one as well. Per the serial # built in 1956. Ended up putting a Nightforce on it. I enjoy the scope a lot more than the sights. Great rifles. Good find man!
yes they came drilled and tapped for a scope

Attachments

• 971AAF47-A8AC-4BE5-B9B7-BC2212CBF270.jpeg
    971AAF47-A8AC-4BE5-B9B7-BC2212CBF270.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 80
Surprisingly clean. Very nice. Don't see em in that condition...ever.

My babies. Top 2 are USMC Property ones. Middle one is on a return stock (got the barreled action from the CMP). Bottom one is an 40 XRBR in a A5 stock.

View attachment 7109561

Love rimfires.

Regards,
DT

Nice! I have a Smear Return as well that I’m planning on putting my USMC 40x in. An M40A1 Clone. My M40A1X..lol

Last edited:
These old target single shots are a lot of fun. I have a 40X with a 15X Unertl scope that is very accurate. Thanks CMP

Reactions: crackerbrown
Nevermind with my question. I’m pretty sure this thread is about the “USMC 40x” , so when I asked what the value of “one of these might be”, I’m sure everyone with common sense knows what I’m asking. Nobody really needs to try to make me out to be the idiot because my question is underlined......really??? Love the emojis. Typical forum stuff here too I guess.

I didn't mean to write anything towards you. The facepalm was for me tapping my screen 10x to trying to open something up. ..lol

Surprisingly clean. Very nice. Don't see em in that condition...ever.

My babies. Top 2 are USMC Property ones. Middle one is on a return stock (got the barreled action from the CMP). Bottom one is an 40 XRBR in a A5 stock.

View attachment 7109561

Love rimfires.

Regards,
DT

I was issued the "bottom, bottom" one when with 3/8........