• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Scout Sniper data book

Powerstrokediesel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
North Whitehall, Pennsylvania
What brand do they use? As far as I can determine, out of the "major players" producing sniper data books right now, only US Tactical supply has a NSN, National Stock Number, for their book.

If the USMC Scout Snipers make their own, does any one know what components and format they use?

Re: USMC Scout Sniper data book

We always made our own they are tied to a set book!!

In our training we shoot mostly at Echo Silhouettes!!

The books I make and sell are designed from my 10 years as a Scout Sniper and designed with alot of teh same information I used and carried while in.

You will also find numerous mission specific data book pages that have never been offered to shooters in our Military LE Specfic section.

If you have any questions or needs drop me a line and I will help you get setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the USMC Scout Snipers make their own, does any one know what components and format they use? </div></div>

After School, we were never issued databooks. We begged, borrowed, made or "tactically acquired" what we needed.

Most of the "data" I carried was actually not in traditional databook form. It was in a "Flight Crew Checklist" book on laminated cards. I had dope for the rifle, cosign chart, range cards, COF format and much more. I also carried a "field sketch kit" for paper range cards, field sketches, notes, etc.

The new wave of modular data books is a hell of a lot better than what we had as far as organizing data.

what you guys werent issued palm pilots and i-pads, they're all the tactical rage these days

There is no 'one universal' Data Book used in the Corps. Every school house uses their own. We designed some pages that are used by some of them and by some USMC SS units. Our USMC set was developed for USMC SS field units (including the AT Bn) per their specs.

Our books were developed over a several year period by myself, A few USMC Scout Snipers, including my teammate who was USMC SS 8 years and a combat vet, a few Army snipers including Vern Harrison from CVT, many SWAT officers, and foreign special forces units. With so many people helping design these pages and so much feedback from the field over the past 8 years, our books are very well rounded.

We are the official Data Book provider for American Snipers, and have a AS Edition Data Book coming out in a week or so.

If you have any questions, or would like us to build you a book for your personal use, unit, or school, feel free to send an email anytime.

Mark & The Crew

In Army school they had books for us that one of the instructors designed, they were good, but we ended up "making our own" when they fell apart. His design was great, but it was on regular paper so sweat and rain and mud and all the other greatness degraded it rapidly.

Now we finally got supply to get us USTS books, and I'd almost rather have my school book back.

just thought i'd chime in
smile.gif

C_K