• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USMC Scout/Snipers - support them and win a rifle

kotengu

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Baxter, TN
www.jinenkanseigi.com
Forwarded from a local Highpower board I frequent:

--------------------------------------------------------
The Marine Corps Scout/Sniper Assn is offering a fundraising raffle to the public in support of the young Marine Scout/Snipers deployed in the War on Terror.

I encourage you to join us in this fight through your tax-deductible donation of $10 ea for raffle tickets to win a new-in-the-box limited-edition Remington Arms Commemorative of the Vietnam-era USMC M-40 [Model 700] Sniper Rifle in .308 Win., complete with a period-correct Redfield 3-9X Variable telescopic sight. (Please note that the printed tickets erroneously declare the scope to be a Weaver…..NOT SO!.....the scope is, in fact, a Vietnam-era period-CORRECT Redfield!) This rifle, specially-numbered with a SSA (Scout/Sniper Assn) prefix, is a HIGHLY sought after collectors’ item.

Obviously, your chances of winning will increase commensurate with the number of tickets you buy, so jump in there at the highest level you can as ALL proceeds realized from this event will be utilized in direct support of those young Marines.

Through its 'Operation Assist' efforts, the Assn has sent in excess of $75,000 in supplemental tac-kits and health & comfort pkgs to dozens of Marine Scout/Sniper platoons deployed in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is an opportunity for YOU to be proactive in this fight, and directly support the young warriors who’re taking the fight to the enemy ON OUR BEHALF. Tickets can be purchased at www.usmcscoutsniper.org, thru 15-April, while the subsequent drawing for the winning ticket will be on 27-April. Somebody's gonna win a nice rifle! Please advise with any questions, and GOOD LUCK! Thanks to you ALL in your kind consideration, and I ask that you extend this opportunity to your circle of friends and family…. we need the money! GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

Semper fidelis - /Bob
---------------------------------------------------------

For those who have not had the pleasure;

This is Bob Depp a Marine Scout Sniper in Vietnam. Bob was injured in the Arizona one dark night, but has not let it stop him. Bob cannot raise his arms above his head, this keeps him out of a prone position. Bob worked out a position that is basically a sitting position with his elbows resting on a small table. Do not be confused, he is holding that rifle. He shoots long range and does well. The NRA's Edward Land USMC Ret who commanded the 7th Sniper Platoon in Vietnam, helped Bob get his exception.

Bob is easy to spot on the line at Perry, with a tattered civilian cover, with the EGA pined to the front. A huge smile and a kind word for everybody. Bob often seems unaware of the vast number of friends he has.

Bob operates a company named "Old Corps Design" The web site is easy to find. The sell sweat shirts and such with Marine Themes. Line up Marines. http://www.oldcorpsdesigns.com/

I had not heard of this effort, but I am not suprised to hear Bob Depp is near the middle of the effort. I think I want some tickets, I will pass on that second six-pack to support the young Marines.

You know Johnny Depp the amazing actor? He goes around telling people that Bob Depp is his uncle, Bob has never denied it, so it might be true.

Semper Fi Bob!

Tom McCloskey
D/1/1 RVN