• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USMC Spotting Scope

fhace126

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2009
does anybody know what spotting scope the usmc scout snipers use or are there various different ones?

also i have a leupold vx-3 6.5x20x40mm LR and it has the regular finger click turrets and i want to know if it is possible to get those replaced with m1 turrets

Re: USMC Spotting Scope

i can't help you with the first part of you question.

as far as getting the turrets changed out on your leupold, they can and will do it. i had mine done. they day the received my scope, they called to get a credit card number to proceed. when i got home later that day i checked my email and there was a ups tracking number for it being shipped back to me. it was out of my hands less than a week.

how much did it cost you to get the turrets changed?

As far as I could say the USMC still has the old M49 spotter, but I have seen photos where they had commercial off the shelf scopes of different types. I think they have been in search of a replacement for the M49 for quite a while now.

Yeah looks like they are getting the Horus for some crazy reason!!

ya i read it hey are going to have the leupold makr 4 spotting scope its just going to be supplied by horus along with some other nick nacks

any body know how much it cost to get turrets changed?

Hopefully Premier Reticles will get to supply the Gen II reticle for the spotters (they designed it so hopefully they get the royalties off the use of the reticle).

Pat

IIRC, Horus stuff is made overseas, so it's no surprise they are sub-contracting to leupold.

I'd like to know exactly why they chose the reticle they are going to use, the horus grid is in mils, as is the PR gen II, it seems stupid not to take advantage of one of these reticles. I suppose the "grid" could be too "busy" at that high of power range, but the PR sounded like a good idea to me. Basic mil-dot is not leupy's "forte", it's nice to see them pull it back into basics, but I just think it could be better. Just IMHO, I odn't actually have to carry it around the sandbox and use it, so it doesn't really matter.