• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USMS Selects Mk4 MR/T for M38 SDMR

The green weenie keeps on striking.

It looks like the same turd that's been with the Mk12's for well on over a decade. It's hard to tell from the pic but it looks like they retained the moa/ BDC turrets instead of matching them to the mil reticle.

If I had to guess its cheaper and a simpler option since most of the guys that deploy with them won't get adequate training for the platform. Plus if its anything like the past, there may be units that never even deploy with them, and if they do deploy with them, they won't get to use them.

Reactions: Bender
From what I understand, the guys that do need them, run and get whatever they need anyway.... so just more examples of government waste of money and lack of being able to change. The decision probably (more than likely) comes down to the bean counters, and not the end users.....as usual...

IIRC correctly, this platform didn’t go through the normal selection process. I don’t remember all the finer details; it was already in service, but not in wide use.

I’m assuming(big assumption) they used existing contract scopes here. Would make sense why Leupold used the phrasing “began fielding.”

IIRC correctly, this platform didn’t go through the normal selection process. I don’t remember all the finer details; it was already in service, but not in wide use.

I’m assuming(big assumption) they used existing contract scopes here. Would make sense why Leupold used the phrasing “began fielding.”

From what i remember there was some units that were demo'ing the M27's as DMR's around 2011/2012 and maybe after but were using the 6x ACOG's instead of the MK4's.

Most unit's don't have Mk12's in their armories (that anyone knew of at least) or do work ups with them so they just made due with what they could. The Mk4 in the picture looks like the same one I had in 2011so they probably just bought more for whatever reason or ripped the rest of the MK12's that were left operational.

From what I understand thats just an interim scope untill The USMC awards the contract for a rugged 1-6/ 1-8 scope for this rifle.