• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO 1.5-6X SN-4 Barrett REC 7

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">USO SN4 1.5-6X w/ Single point Mount & Barrett REC 7 Piston Driven AR15</span>

Here is a short video review look at the USO SN4 1.5-6X as mounted on a Barrett REC 7 in a DMR type role.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-JgB6fELfo?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-JgB6fELfo?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

The USO was a Mil / Mil scope fitted with USO's one piece mount designed to work on smaller lighter carbine type systems with their SN4 type scopes.

In a precision role I think this combination was very effective. The scope was true and accurate and the Barrett is an outstanding AR15 type rifle. Accuracy was easily inside .5 MOA at 100 yards using 77gr ammunition.

The scope featured a JNG MIl reticle from USO

http://www.usoptics.com/get_image.php?uid=RET-101

The ghost ring was very effective at closer ranges. However for inside 50 yards I recommend an additional red dot sight like a Docter or Trijicon TMR for a CQB type use. However if you want to reach out and touch someone, this is definitely a good choice.

Overall in a package like this, the scope was very effective. The Barrett REC & was outstanding, we really liked this rifle alot.

the mount takes a little getting used to, I kept thinking I was going to bent the tube but it worked and worked well. We took the USO SN4 off the rifle to put a NF 3-15X in order to further test the fine accuracy and replacing the mount we noted only a .2 Mil shift from on to off or about 1 MOA. It has plenty of clearance for back up iron sights and holds a good section of the tube as necessary. They have it marked and index, and there is an anti cant groove in the claw that holds it to the picatinney rail.

For an SPR type rifle, this a very good consideration, even with the Barrett not being designed for that use, it more and than satisfied the accuracy requirements to pull this role off.

Re: USO 1.5-6X SN-4 Barrett REC 7

Nice review, I really considered the 1.5-6 for my AR10 but went with teh 1.8-10 with the JNG-MIL reticle. In the larger scope the ring isn't nearly as thick/visible unfortunately.

Interesting mount. If only the USO was a true 1x. It sounds like that is the only issue with it. Great vid.

Very nice looking setup, thanks for the review LL & crew!

(sorry to hear about the ghost ring in the 1.8-10 though Falar, that's disappointing news)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting mount. If only the USO was a true 1x. It sounds like that is the only issue with it. Great vid. </div></div>

The SN-4 1-4X is a true 1X, but not the 6X top end. Keep your eyes peeled for the new 1-8X.

Great video LL, thanks!
    John III

John,

The scope was very effective on this platform and I like the fact it's easier than ever to get Mil / Mil even in this platform.

did you guys watch past the closing flash ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting mount. If only the USO was a true 1x. It sounds like that is the only issue with it. Great vid. </div></div>

The SN4S is the 1-4 version and, yes, it is a true 1x.

Great video. I know you are a huge POF fan. How would you compare the REC7 piston compared to the POF? It seems like the POF is definitely less expensive and just as accurate.

Cool. I did a covered Slimline #1 Mil elevation and a covered zeroing knob for windage with the idea that the thing would primarily be used for holdovers like an ACOG with the option to dial for elevation.

Still testing it out at this point to see how I like it. As much as I love the EREK, I may have to try that as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great video. I know you are a huge POF fan. How would you compare the REC7 piston compared to the POF? It seems like the POF is definitely less expensive and just as accurate. </div></div>

I really liked the REC 7 and I think it is different enough from the POF to give people a choice.

I am a huge POF fan, however with that said, I also like the slimmed down features of the Barrett. The Predator Handguards on the POF are a bit big for me, so I like the spartan style of the Barrett in this case.

Both are great choices and certainly people like choices this just opens up the possibilities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting mount. If only the USO was a true 1x. It sounds like that is the only issue with it. Great vid. </div></div>

The SN-4 1-4X is a true 1X, but not the 6X top end. Keep your eyes peeled for the new 1-8X.

Great video LL, thanks!
    John III </div></div>

1-8x?? TRUE 1x on the bottom?

Ok, ok... I'll test it for you. No need to beg...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    did you guys watch past the closing flash ? </div></div>I did. Damn fast bolt work on Jacob's part there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    did you guys watch past the closing flash ? </div></div>I did. Damn fast bolt work on Jacob's part there. </div></div>

it's pretty impressive that he could get another round chambered before you even get the report from the steel downrange. How many yards was that?

Nice video and a nice rifle. Good work!

USO will have a true 1-8? The sounds so tempting. Glad to hear it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting mount. If only the USO was a true 1x. It sounds like that is the only issue with it. Great vid. </div></div>

Great video LL, thanks!
    John III </div></div>

1-8x?? TRUE 1x on the bottom?

Ok, ok... I'll test it for you. No need to beg... </div></div>
    MINE!!!!!

I want to see some more practical style shooting like what Jacob was doing on the tower. That was impressive how fast he is cycling and staying on target.

Nice review. USO is always putting out top notch equipment.

Was that just the official announcement of a new USO scope model?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to see some more practical style shooting like what Jacob was doing on the tower. That was impressive how fast he is cycling and staying on target.

Nice review. USO is always putting out top notch equipment. </div></div>

Online training...

That will be part two of the mover lesson.