• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glocksig

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
VA
We'll my USO came in a few days ago, i didn't get a chance to shoot it until tonight. Even in low light and overcast skies this thing is clear and bright. I'll have to do a side by side but it definitely appears brighter and clearer than my NF.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

I hope to give it a real wrokout this weekend.

+1 for US Optics worth the wait and $ for sure.

Re: USO +1

Took around 5 1/2 months. Specs are as follows

SN3-2500
T-Pal Left - Standard Option
58mm T-PAL - Standard Option
U.S. #1 1/4 MOA - Standard Option
30mm - Standard Option
Matte Black Type III Hard Anodizing - Standard Option
PCMOA Scale - 86.00
Lo Profile Housing - Standard Option
Rapid Focus - Standard Option

I prefer USO, for sure. But, at least in my experience, the clarity and brightness between the SN3's I have had and the NF I have is about equal. I think the NF is a very nice scope, but I have to give the nod to USO because of the knobs and reticle choices.

ETA- that said, I wouldnt be disappointed if I were "forced" to use NF exclusively from here on out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glocksig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took around 5 1/2 months. Specs are as follows

SN3-2500
T-Pal Left - Standard Option
58mm T-PAL - Standard Option
30mm - Standard Option
Matte Black Type III Hard Anodizing - Standard Option
PCMOA Scale - 86.00
Lo Profile Housing - Standard Option
Rapid Focus - Standard Option </div></div>

5 1/2 months? I hope this isn't the usual wait time, I'm only 2 months into my SN-3 wait.

Be sure to take into account the exit pupil size when you are trying to compare perceived brightness of a scope. My SN3 with 44mm objective would seem darker than a NF with 50mm objective at any given magnification due to my SN3’s exit pupil size being smaller. If you are comparing your 58mm to a NF 50mm then yes your scope will seem brighter.

Side by side comparison of clarity between my SN3 and NF and Leupold, nod goes to USO for me... YMMV.

Congrats on a great scope. Beautiful rifle also.

That's a good point, my NF is 50 mm. However the USO is 25x instead of 22x of the NF, I'm not sure how much that would affect it. Both at 22x the USO should be birghter every time because of the obj size. Not sure ho much the pupil changes from 22 to 25.

Exit pupil size is only detectable by the human eye up to a certain point (sorry can't find that specific number right now), so chances are the minute difference up at that high a magnification you won't be able to tell anyway. But yes both at 22x your USO will be brighter. Regardless, you've got a nice scope there. Now do it justice and use it a lot!
smile.gif

My wait was right at 4 months for a SN-3 Tpal, but that's nothing to what I have to wait to get my build done at GAP. Oh well, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exit pupil size is only detectable by the human eye up to a certain point (sorry can't find that specific number right now), so chances are the minute difference up at that high a magnification you won't be able to tell anyway. But yes both at 22x your USO will be brighter. Regardless, you've got a nice scope there. Now do it justice and use it a lot!
smile.gif
</div></div>

The maximum exit pupil the human eye can generally recognize is around 7mm. Divide the objective diameter by the power you are shooting(58mm/22=2.64 exit pupil)

Gorgeous scope. I'm waiting on my SN3 as we speak. I was a total dumbass and sold my scope off BEFORE I bought a new one, so now I have a rifle with empty rings LOL. I can't even go shooting while I wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gorgeous scope. I'm waiting on my SN3 as we speak. I was a total dumbass and sold my scope off BEFORE I bought a new one, so now I have a rifle with empty rings LOL. I can't even go shooting while I wait. </div></div>

LOL, I have a USO but no rifle!!! I traded my rifle for a USO, my 7WSM wont be ready for at least 3 months, so Im in the same (almost) boat as you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gorgeous scope. I'm waiting on my SN3 as we speak. I was a total dumbass and sold my scope off BEFORE I bought a new one, so now I have a rifle with empty rings LOL. I can't even go shooting while I wait. </div></div>

I'm in the same boat, I sold my Nightforce NXS to buy my SN-3. It does make the wait even more excruciating.

I feel your pain, I took it out agin tonight and I'm really impressed, the clarity is outstanding. I caught myself just staring at the damn target reading tiny words on the paper and forgetting what I'm doing. I had a fly land on the board and I watched him for like 30 seconds, it was kind of creepy.

Unfortunately I did have to cut a slot in the bottom of my USO front cap as it was too thick to fit on. I took my NF out and plopped the USO in, held my breath and sure enough cleared the barrel by .009"

That's close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700p</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gorgeous scope. I'm waiting on my SN3 as we speak. I was a total dumbass and sold my scope off BEFORE I bought a new one, so now I have a rifle with empty rings LOL. I can't even go shooting while I wait. </div></div>

LOL, I have a USO but no rifle!!! I traded my rifle for a USO, my 7WSM wont be ready for at least 3 months, so Im in the same (almost) boat as you. </div></div>

Note to self-"backups!"

Same here, have USO but no rifle... That's for taking the advice from some posts that you should spend 2x as much on the scope as you did on the rifle... Now all my money went to scope.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone want to donate a cheapy Savage or Stevens to help a brother going?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Ive got backups, just nothing that scratches the itch right now. </div></div>
I feel ya, my backup 16X MK4 is a pretty sorry standin for primary scope I'm waiting on!

Even If I had a rifle to put the USO on, I couldnt use it, JBW III is taking this one to use on his .375 and he is building me a new one thats the same thing but mil/mil. So I got a USO thats brand new that I cant use, and no rifle to put it on even if I could.