• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes USO 3.-8-22 or 8-32 NXS for Varmints on 6mm ?

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
Folks,

I have the choice of both optics.........I LOVE FFP for the simple fact holds are true on any magnification, and I am kind of leaning that way. BUT this is for dedicated long range rabbits (Think P. Dogs for you US based shooters)and I want to get the best accuracy I can etc. which scope would you choose for any why. Rifle it will be on will be 6mm of some description.

It HAS to be either one of these scopes.

Re: USO 3.-8-22 or 8-32 NXS for Varmints on 6mm ?

USO stopped making the 3.8-22 so that narrows your options by 50%

I have one (USO 3.8-22) already. Thats a shame however as I really like it !!

I was saving for one but something better may be coming down the pike. Will have to dream until SHOT show.

I think the 3.8-22 is one of the best power/featured scopes out there. I purchased one myself because of that.

Didn't know they stopped making them.

Yes I think it is a great scope. Will USO still make them if you order one ? or are they finishing up the whole ERGO range ? I dont see the SN9 10-42 listed anymore either.

I like the 8-32 nightforce for long range bunnies, the extra magnification can come in handy and I don't need the lower bottom end or the larger elevation range in that application.

For lang range varmints I like a thin reticle so I would avoid a FFP scope. I use a 8-32X NXS with the NPR1 reticle for F class and really like it because it crosses over to varmints nicely. It's a super versatile scope for very precise long range work. I considered the 12-42x NXS but didn't like the limited internal adjustment. Go with the 8-32x NXS, you'll love it.

I am also in the NF NXS 8-32X56 camp. I used to be a NP=R1 reticle man until I got the NFNXS 8-32X56 scope with the MOAR reticle. Take a look at it it is a great reticle

Yeh I love the MOAR, but I am running mostly Mil/Mil accept for an SN9 I have which is MOA/MOA. Look to be honest I can switch from MOA/MOA to MIL/MIL with out to much drama, as long as the retcile's and turrets match. I am not under any stress when shooting rabbits
laugh.gif
The thing that leans me toward the MLR is that it is slightly thinner than the MOAR (and it's mil/mil) from what I can determine off the nightforce website. But the MOPAR is the BEST reticle they make Mil and Moa aside.