• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes uso butler creek size??

Zerodown

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2011
California
posted this time in the right area: Just bought a USO SN3 Ergo 44 MM objective. Standard eyepiece. Anyone know the corresponding Butler Creek caps? Thanks in advance...

Re: uso butler creek size??

I know this might sound like a little more of a pain, but if I was you, I'd purchase the ones direct from USO. I got a new scope with them and not only are the USO marked, they seem to fit better and are more burly than my old butler creeks. The eyepiece cover looks to be a special fit with an extra flange to keep it indexed and still allow for use of the diopter. The rings that the covers snap over seem thicker than standard butler creeks.

Oh yeah, and depending on the age of the scope, there are different eyepiece and ergo designs which might change the dimensions. (I know for certain on the objective.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this might sound like a little more of a pain, but if I was you, I'd purchase the ones direct from USO. I got a new scope with them and not only are the USO marked, they seem to fit better and are more burly than my old butler creeks. The eyepiece cover looks to be a special fit with an extra flange to keep it indexed and still allow for use of the diopter. The rings that the covers snap over seem thicker than standard butler creeks.

Oh yeah, and depending on the age of the scope, there are different eyepiece and ergo designs which might change the dimensions. (I know for certain on the objective.)</div></div>

perfection

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0432-1.jpg

Thanks very much for the info from everyone, will call USO next week. Very glad I asked this question.

I have broken every one of the Butler flip-up caps on my USOs that I have gone to the bikinis. Those little plastic hinges just too weak, at least to sit on top of the rock that a USO is...

For future reference, Butler Creek has a list of sizes on their website, so you can make sure you are getting something that fits what you have. The multi-flex covers give a little more room for error. The factory ones look pretty good, though, and sounds like they are made to fit.