• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO can you get a zero stop??

merlinnnn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Ca
Can a USO include a zero stop??? I just received a SN 3 1.8-10 and I miss the zero stop and would like one installed if possible.

Merlinn

Re: USO can you get a zero stop??

Not really. The EREK can be configured to bottom out any pretty much any arbitrary point, so it sort of acts like a zero stop, but that's about it.

Can that be done after the rifle is zeroed or does it have to be done prior??

EREK can be bottomed out as you set it up for zero. It's one of the free nice features of the EREK.

There are other zero stops available and are generaly a phone call away. You just have to know to ask for it.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merlinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can that be done after the rifle is zeroed or does it have to be done prior??

</div></div>
What they said, and....

You will most likely need to re-establish your zero if you adjust the knob since the center screw and the EREK knob threads are two different pitches.

Also, if you are running the knob down all the way to find it's stopping point, you might as well do it while holding the center screw still while you bottom the knob. Be careful not to force anything, as with any scope.

Establishing a zero again is so easy, it's nothing to worry about avoiding.

First thing to try is simply remove the two hex screws on top of the EREK. Then spin it down until it stops. Then just dial it back up to 0 and reattach the two hex screws. Now when you dial down it will dial past zero but never a full-rev.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There are other zero stops available and are generaly a phone call away. You just have to know to ask for it.
</div></div>

I would love to know what you're talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First thing to try is simply remove the two hex screws on top of the EREK. Then spin it down until it stops. Then just dial it back up to 0 and reattach the two hex screws. Now when you dial down it will dial past zero but never a full-rev. </div></div>

Ratbert;
If you loosen the two screws, the knob spins freely until the end of time.
Are you saying to remove the knob and turn the internal parts it attaches to? This would be the same as turning the knob with the screws tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I would love to know what you're talking about. </div></div>

+1.

My guess is he's confusing the USO and Nightforce catalog . . .

I don't know of what he speaks, but knowing him I will give him the benefit of doubt. He has reason to know more about the offerings than most of us.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert & glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I would love to know what you're talking about. </div></div>

Don't doubt doc76251, he knows of what he speaks. Just call USO and they'll hook you up.
Actually my USO zero stop was an email away. They can zerostop #1's, #3's and the Erek is well, the Erek. I'd recommend zeroing your scope, then sending it in. Mine came back just as I asked for it and was w/in a 1/2moa of my zero went I pulled it off.

USO #1 zero stop-click this for my experience

So, after reading all that, looking through the discussions . . . the answer is a simple "yes - e-mail USO"

Man, that would have saved a lot of time.

I'd like to know more about this mysterious USO zero stop. I don't understand why is isn't advertised.

Is it resettable? Meaning, can it be disengaged and reengaged if the scope moves to another rifle or uses a different load?

I'd like to know if it is an actual mechanism on the turret itself, or is it simply a one-time USO adjustment of the erector screw so it happens to bottom out right around the 100 yard zero point of the rifle.

Either way, kudos to USO for offering this feature, but I think the OP deserves a clear description, and how it might differ from other Zero Stop mechanisms, such as Nightforce.

Pics would be sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to know more about this mysterious USO zero stop. I don't understand why is isn't advertised.
<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold">Probably because it is a semi-permanent modification and they need to be sure where your zero is on your rifle before they do the mod. </span> </span>

Is it resettable? Meaning, can it be disengaged and reengaged if the scope moves to another rifle or uses a different load?
<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> I don't think its resettable by the end user. I had mine set 1/2 rev low (6moa) to have flexibility if I rebarrel or change base mfr's.</span> </span>

I'd like to know if it is an actual mechanism on the turret itself, or is it simply a one-time USO adjustment of the erector screw so it happens to bottom out right around the 100 yard zero point of the rifle.

<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> Looks like a one time factory adjustment of the erector. I took my knobs off to snap a pic but my elevation looks just like my windage, except there's a lot less sticking erector shaft out of the housing.</span> </span>

Either way, kudos to USO for offering this feature, but I think the OP deserves a clear description, and how it might differ from other Zero Stop mechanisms, such as Nightforce.

<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> I heartily thank USO for performing this feature. As to what the OP deserves, he can pick up a phone and talk to the folks in Brea for a much better insight than the supposition of what they did to my scope that I could provide.

Here's how kickass CS works:
"Hey Jeff, can I send it in and have it come back set to stop 6moa under where it is when I send it?"
"Sure Steve"
"Thanks Jeff."
"No problem."

......two weeks later its home exactly as asked for, functioning exactly as requested.</span> </span>

Pics would be sweet.

<span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-weight: bold">I'll see what I can do, but like I said, it looks just like it did before, just less erector shaft sticking out. </span> </span> </div></div>

Looks like a US#1 with the knobs off. Has 62moa (5 revs+8 clicks) of "up" now.
USOzerostop001.jpg

Thank you <span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">sobrbiker883</span></span>