• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO custom MOA-based Reticle

Jeffvn

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
My brother and I are in the process of having US Optics produce a custom MOA-based (IPHY - since all my USO's have IPHY knobs) reticle. We were wondering if anyone wanted to potentially join us in the effort to help reduce the cost of production.

If you look at the Premier Reticles, GEN 2 XR reticle you'll have an idea where we are going with this. I have talked to Premier directly, and they have no current intention of producing a MOA-based version of that reticle.

We've considered the various Horus MOA-based versions (H425 and H70), but do not like what they have available.

Once we come up with a final version of what we are going to do, I'll post it here for your viewing pleasure. Our base-line reticle is the MDMOA, with the addition of a Gen 2 XR type Christmas tree below the horiontal stadia line for holdovers and windage. This reticle is being developed exclusively for the SN3 5-25X T-PAL (each scope size - 4-22X or 3-17X is considered another new reticle with another reticle development cost)

JeffVN

Re: USO custom MOA-based Reticle

Something like this?
393233881.jpg

John III

You guys are making me rue the day I switched to mil/mil!! That looks great!

Speaking of reticles, I sent you an email or two JBW#3...

Got some FOV pics of this reticle how it would look at 3.8x and 22x.

Here is 22x.

rhsnid.jpg

John...yeah something very much like that, except we have 20 MOA hold under ability and a touch more on the christmas tree for holdovers.

We emailed our scale drawing to Jeff this afternoon.

If we get the go ahead on ours, I'll post it up here too. I just knew you had something tucked away in the vault.

brand692 - it is. I've got one coming on a build. can't wait!

I don't know how much of a fan I am of 3 different lengths of MOA hashes. Of course I hated the Gen II XR at first as well, but grew to love it. Initially looking at this reticle, the longer 5th mark one threw me off. I've since gone back to MOA reticles as the guys I shoot with are MOA shooters. Hence the interest.

Nonetheless, its a nice MOA reticle and a great alternative to what is out there.

When its lit, what lights up on it? Just the reticle? All the holdovers? Or is like the Gen II XR, where only part of the hold overs light up?

everything lights up.

I like the larger one at 5 10 15 20... etc easier for me to count...keep track. Same with the #s at 10 20 30 vertical.

I have to add that this is only made up for the 3.8-22X right now, but if it turns out to be a good seller we can make them for other powers.
John III

I talked to Jeff at USO today and we are GTG on the JVNMOA reticle (both my brother and I have JVN as our itinials). Its based on the MDMOA with something akin to a GEN II X bottom Christmas tree for holding over and wind adjustments on the fly. You see hashes 1 MOA apart that are 1, 2, and 5 MOA in length. The individual crosses are 1.5 MOA across (0.75 MOA each leg), spaced 4.0 MOA center to center, and the lines and hashes are all 0.08" wide.

This was desigend for use by my brother and myself for the SN3 5-25X for use on his .284 Winchester and my 7WSM for use in the desert at ranges out to and possbily beyond 1,800 yards. Why did we stop the crosses at 32 MOA, becasue in the 5x25 when you are using 25X (and I do 85% of the time), that is all you can see in teh field of view....

Anyone who might want a piece of this action needs to let me know quickly, as the window will close, and my brother and I will have the ability to control who, if anyone, can use the reticle in the future.

JVNMOAReticle001.jpg

JeffVN

OK, I like it, but already am the happy owner of an MOA/MOA 5-25 SN3. Would this be a $500+ out of pocket modification to my existing optic?

Nice looking reticle, it's nice to see more moa reticles out there.