• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO EREK or US #3 M40

ruth

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2010
I will be ordering a USO scope and wanted feed back on which of these knobs would be best for elevation and why (more elevation...etc)?

Re: EREK or US #3 M40

^I'm just about to order a scope as well from USO. I am going with the EREK for elevation because I like the bulk to it. It looks like its easy to grab hold of and change even if I 3 pairs of gloves on. Also I've heard that its very very tough and a few people have even used it as a carrying handle (ha ha). N

Spiff is correct on all his points.

The EREK (Erector Repositioning Elevation Knob) actually repositions the erector w/i the scope itself which allows the operator to Manually REPOSITION the erector within the optic. This does one huge thing for you. It allows you to take your zero'd optic and move the erector so that it is a few clicks off the "bottom" of the adjustment and in the process you gain back adjustment that would be lost in a conventional optic. This feature also acts as a "zero stop" although I don't recommend setting your zero at the hard stop.

In other words if you get lost on the knob (even in the dark) you dial all the way down to the hard stop and "click up" to the zero that you set. Then you will be back to your base zero and you can dial on from there.

Plus it's real cool looking
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

The EREK (stands for Erector REpositioning Knob) is a work of art. As the name implies, it allows you to reposition the erector, actually moving the reticle in the scope. This allows you to zero the reticle to the bottomed out knob, preserving full elevation travel. Some argue it's a love or hate look. I love the low-profile look and it's an ergonomic joy.

The M40 knob has no zero stop.

I like the EREK for it's low profile and it's easy to grip when your hands are cold.

Send me a PM, I'll take care of you. I will make it worth your time
wink.gif

I'll get you the best deal on a new USO

Can you tell which turret/knob I like?

DSC_0966.jpg

Another vote for EREK here. It's worth the extra 200$ not only can you get full elevation travel out of the scopes but the Mil or MOA per Rev is nice with the EREK also. It's also just sexy IMO..

EREK... definitely. IMO, just the "zero stop" is worth the cost difference, and I like the low profile.

Re: USO EREK or US #3 M40

I like the EREK better, but you can get 10 mils of elevation with the #3 for less. Both work great, there is not a wrong choice.

Re: USO EREK or US #3 M40

Ordered a USO last week and went with the EREK because that is what was on my ST10 and loved it. Get the EREK and you won't be sorry