• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO EREK Turret?

Re: USO EREK Turret?

NineHotel, a member here, made that video. Good job too!

Ever wish you could have a scope that could be zeroed to a specific knob setting? By this I mean.....just pick a point where the knob is almost all the way down leaving you all of that "up" left over......instead of the knob winding up at some random point between top and bottom like happens with most standard scopes?

This IS the EREK.
The knob can be set pretty much anywhere you want it to be and then you adjust a center screw until the scopes adjustment conforms to the zero you want. Done.
Since the knob also stops at a bottom point, it also acts as a zero-stop..... no more getting lost remembering where your zero is.

The fact that the EREK has 90 clicks per revolution means that you get alot of adjustment in one revolution, depending on how you order it. If you order 1/4MOA clicks this would give you 22.5MOA of adjustment per revolution of the knob. 1/10th Mil adjustments would yield 9 mils per rev. 1/2MOA adjustments would yield 45MOA per rev. That's alot of adjustment in one turn.

Just look at it!
grin.gif
It just looks awesome!

Yet another EREK question...

I was reading the zeroing instructions that came with my SN-3. It says to bottom the knob, then back it off 6 clicks. So when we are all done an zeroed I understand that in the dark I can dial down to the stop then come back up six clicks to my 100 yard zero (assuming that I zeroed at 100 to begin with).

Is the six clicks mandatory or arbitrary?

I am kind of anal about things and since this is a Mil EREK it's marked in decimals. Would there be any problem with me leaving only five clicks under the zero? It would make more sense to me and seems like it would be easier to remember.

I realize that you want to leave some adjustment under the zero in case you need to dial down for whatever reason. I am just wondering if the number of clicks USO recommends has some significance to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet another EREK question...

I was reading the zeroing instructions that came with my SN-3. It says to bottom the knob, then back it off 6 clicks. So when we are all done an zeroed I understand that in the dark I can dial down to the stop then come back up six clicks to my 100 yard zero (assuming that I zeroed at 100 to begin with).

Is the six clicks mandatory or arbitrary?

I am kind of anal about things and since this is a Mil EREK it's marked in decimals. Would there be any problem with me leaving only five clicks under the zero? It would make more sense to me and seems like it would be easier to remember.

I realize that you want to leave some adjustment under the zero in case you need to dial down for whatever reason. I am just wondering if the number of clicks USO recommends has some significance to it. </div></div>

Arbitrary. What you are doing is moving the erector with the center allen. If you can get it perfectly zeroed with the center screw (kinda tough because the threads are coarser) while your knob is setting 5 clicks under you're golden.

So my SN3 having 47.5 mils of total travel from bottom, does that mean I can make use of all that elevation travel, forgive me for being ignorant but I've never heard of being able to use that much elevation?

That's a good question with some variables that alter the result.
How close the zero is to bottom or top of travel, how much total free erector travel, and how much windage you have dialed for your zero......all of these take away from that figure.

No simple answer.

I am not sure how to demonstrate the issue with pictures.

The EREK does not allow one full use of erector travel. It allows one to place the bottoming point of the knob at any point one chooses. The erector still has limits to it's travel. Movement from center of the windage travel and final zeroing point both subtract from the full range of travel...... just like any other scope.

Anyone notice that turning the knob, no matter what range in the elevation, that it becomes tighter in some areas while turning and loosens up in other others?