• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO JNG-MIL reticle

Re: USO JNG-MIL reticle

Hadnt heard of that one. Basically a GAP reticle with the mil marks all the way out to 10 in all directions.

I'm more interested in that ring. If you look at the OPs link which is from the USO website, it looks really thin compared to the JNG-MOA reticle. However, here on the opticsplanet website they show it to be basically identical to the MOA version:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/u-s-optic-1-...line-knobs.html

I'm thinking in a 1.8-10 power scope, on 1.8 power I could use the ring as a rapid-aiming point, similar to the outer ring on an Eotech. I think this is a nice addition to the reticle since the reticle on FFP scopes do get kind of small at low power. I want to order a 1.8-10x44 Ergo soon and am looking at this reticle.

Edit:

Actually, comparing the drawing on USO's site to the one on opticsplanet, it looks like there are 2 versions of that reticle. Here is the drawing on USO's site:

http://www.usoptics.com/upgradesDetail.php?recordID=RET-089

That's exactly what I will be using it for down low. I had the same reticle in a 1.5-6 and the illuminated ring is awesome for rapid-aiming. I just traded it for a 1.8-10 with the same reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's exactly what I will be using it for down low. I had the same reticle in a 1.5-6 and the illuminated ring is awesome for rapid-aiming. I just traded it for a 1.8-10 with the same reticle. </div></div>

Did you have/do you have the mil or moa version?

Had the mil/getting the mil version. I want to stay consistent with all my scopes. Not sure why the USO link shows the ring as being so thin, mine was identical to the Optics Planet diagram. Give Jeff at USO a call to make sure.

And the opticsplanet diagram shows half-mil ticks all the way to 10mil, where the USO site doesn't (only reason I've shied away from this reticle).
Does the real version have half-mil marks all the way out? Curious as I may be trading my moa/moa ST10 in for mil/mil and the JNG would be the way to go (esp with the ill aiming circle for CQB on an SPR).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the opticsplanet diagram shows half-mil ticks all the way to 10mil, where the USO site doesn't (only reason I've shied away from this reticle).
Does the real version have half-mil marks all the way out? Curious as I may be trading my moa/moa ST10 in for mil/mil and the JNG would be the way to go (esp with the ill aiming circle for CQB on an SPR). </div></div>

I'm in total agreement here. I'll call and talk to Jeff before placing my order, this looks like a sweet dual purpose reticle for the 1.8-10.

Let us know what he says, I'd be interested which it is before I send my scope in for a swap.

Ok just spoke to Jeff to clear up the confusion. The 1.5-6 has the thick cirle lines and 1/2 mil increments all the way around. 1.8-10 has only a thin circle line and 1/2 mil marks to 5 mils, then 1 mil the rest of the way. I wasn't thrilled about the circle but should still be able to use it for rapid engagement once illuminated. The thick circle will not subtend at the higher power, therefore is not an option on the 1.8-10.

I should have checked this a few minutes ago as I just emailed Jeff too. I still wonder about this though: On USO's site they still show the 1.8-10 version of the JNG-MOA reticle as having the thick circle.

Hello everyone. Here is the situation with the JNG reticles.

The SN-4 1.5-6x reticle has the thick circle and the hash marks are in ½ Mil increments out to 10 mils.

The 10x reticle has the thin circle and hash marks are in ½ Mil increments out to 5 mils and in 1 mil increments out to 10 mils.

Optics Planet has the wrong photo up on their site and the JNG MOA reticle for the 10x is incorrect on our site.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Here's a pic on my ST-10 in MOA
gunstuff033.jpg

Very nice--been hoping someone would post a through-the-scope pic. What power is that? Is it 1.8? If not, can you post a pic of it on 1.8? Am thinking this would be the perfect AR scope, but would want some type of fast aiming point--the circle seems like it would be perfect for that...

My 1.8-10 w/JNG-MIL will finally be in my hands this week!

If anyone who was posting here is still interested I can try and post pics for you at 1.8x.

Falar,

Did you receive it yet?
I would really like to see a picture and an illuminated version too if you could.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunlove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falar,

Did you receive it yet?
I would really like to see a picture and an illuminated version too if you could.

Thanks </div></div>

Yes, I've had it for about a month. I can try and take some pics for you tonight both with the illumination off and on.

that looks useful could a guy get that in what model for say around 2000 or less? I must try a uso Im selling stocks & scopes.

If you stick with the basic knobs and don't need Ergo you could keep it around 2k. At least you could when I ordered this one, I ordered another SN-3 this week and there has been about a 100$ price increase.

on full brightness, is the green reticle bright enough to be seen in daylight? As in brighter than nightforce illuminated reticle? Ideally id like it to be as bright as schmidt and benders short dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on full brightness, is the green reticle bright enough to be seen in daylight? As in brighter than nightforce illuminated reticle? Ideally id like it to be as bright as schmidt and benders short dot. </div></div>

I don't know of a single high powered scope (as in beyond a 1-4x or 1.5-6x) with illumination like the S&B Short Dot, Elcan Spectre DR, K-dot, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunlove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falar,

Nice pics! Thanks!
So can you see it during the day? </div></div>

Completely outdoors with no clouds in the sky in the bright Texas sun, no. Like I said, you can count on one hand the # of scopes that can do that and none of them that I know of are more than 1.5-6x.