• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USO level woes

johnl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Wet Coast
Hey Guys

Question I have a level mounted on my rem 700 Near mounts and a S&B PM11. Mounted scope using feeler gauges etc. I know everything is square but when I level the gun with the bubble level the reticle cants left, so, ok maybe the action is not square in the Mcmillan A5, I put the level on my Timberwolf, again using Near Alphamount, (using feeler gauge to square scope to mount etc) and the gun is canted left. Thinking about shit canning the level and go with one that mounts on the scope and not the rail. Suggestions, thanks

Re: USO level woes

I would first try to call USO and get a replacement. I don't think a level should be a restricted shipping item, even though you are in canada.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would first try to call USO and get a replacement. I don't think a level should be a restricted shipping item, even though you are in canada.

</div></div>

The rifle is canted to the left and the level is doing it's job of showing that. So, it's not a problem for USO..... If you can live with the cant, a scope mounted level would be the easiest solution.... Good luck!!!!

I'm confused by your post. Do you think the bubble level is wrong? Or is something else crooked and the level is showing you this?
What is it like if you keep the level on the base or rings and use a plumb to level the reticle? Does that get you level all round? If so, then yes the USO may be off.
Chad

I had the same problem with the uso bubble level. After measuring everything on the rifle I ended having to square the mounting surface on the level to make it work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would first try to call USO and get a replacement. I don't think a level should be a restricted shipping item, even though you are in canada.

</div></div>

The rifle is canted to the left and the level is doing it's job of showing that. So, it's not a problem for USO..... If you can live with the cant, a scope mounted level would be the easiest solution.... Good luck!!!! </div></div>

In his original post he stated he put it on two different rifles where the scopes were mounted squarely and they both leaned left. Meaning the level is off. Not the guns.

Yeah just index where the USO level is at based off your level from scope and rifle. I have the same issue. Nothing wrong with your action, base, or scope. The mounting surface of USO is off. When my bubble on my USO is centered on the right index line I am centered.