• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO LR-17 GAP/Mil or Leuopld Mark 6 3-18 TMR

USO LR-17 GAP/Mil or Leuopld Mark 6 3-18 TMR

• Total voters

Seagrave7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Trying to decide between these two scopes. If the Mark 6 3-18 TMR came illuminated it would be a simple choice. But the lack of illumination on the Mark 6 has me very interested in the new version of the USO LR 17 (formerly known as the SN-3.) I really like how the LR17 now has removed the US Optics name from hood. Thoughts between each glass? Any additionally information to consider would be greatly appreciated.

Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) | Leupold

U.S. Optics - LR-17

I would point out the actual physical differences in these scopes. The MK6 is short compact and fairly lightweight compared to the USO. Compared to other Leupolds I've used the MK6 does seem to have better glass, not totally sold on the pinch turrets, do take a little practice getting used to. TMR is a good reticle, its a pity the illuminated version costs so much more.

Good point mjh30. I forgot to add, I will be putting one of these scopes on my LaRue PredatOBR 7.62 16". Therefore, while a light weight scope is nice, it is not a necessity for me. Although the compact size of the Mark 6 is definitely a plus.

I would buy the premier light tactical instead. Lightweight glass as good or better than those and has illumination for 2k bucks.

Finally got to see a leupie mk6 and it was nice but not sure I'd spend the money they are asking on it. It looks and feels like 1500bucks not 2500bucks. Just my 2cents.

Well sure, you could beat someone with it, put it back on your rifle and maintain zero. ;) Jurys out on the Mk6 though, since there are so few samples of it in the wilderness. :D

Counter Sniper gets my vote.....#2 would be USO ;)

please excuse the bastard Schmidt that jumped in the pic.

If it were me, I would do a 1.8-10 USO

liar liar pants on fire... I see no Counter Sniper there... if you were a true fan... I'd expect to see at least half of those rifles sportin that glorious glass!

Counter Sniper gets my vote.....#2 would be USO ;)

please excuse the bastard Schmidt that jumped in the pic.

If it were me, I would do a 1.8-10 USO