• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Pic. Rail for A.I. ring compatibility question

Blackstone

Malefactors Nightmare
Minuteman
May 13, 2004
Rock City, Land of Lincoln
I have an approx. 6 yr. old, U.S.O. 20 MOA pic. type rail on my A.I.A.W.
I had scope mounted in TPS 30mm rings on it.
I tried to mount a different scope in Seekins 34mm Super Low rings and found out that the cross-bolt was NOT compatible.
The slot in the USO pic. rail is approx. .19" and the cross-bolt on the rings is .20".
They won't fit
Is something out of spec.?
Is there a 34mm low ring that fits the older U.S.O. pic. rail or is new scope base my only option?
frown.gif

Re: USO Pic. Rail for A.I. ring compatibility question

I had the same problem. It turned out to be my USO base. The slots were out of spec (too small). John's guys were reading the Picatinny Arsenal print as nominal tolerances, when in fact the print was calling out minimum tolerances.

Glen Seekins was kind enough to recut my rings to fit the base. John from USO also offered to replace the base, but it was easier to get the rings recut.

Long story short, you'll be taken care of either way.

Picantinny-recoilgroove-diagram.gif

do you have a pic of your rifle with the base? I ordered one for my rifle and jut want an idea of the look please

Happy Ending to my story.
JBW III form USO replaced the pic. rail with a new one and now my A.I. is up and running.
Thanks to U.S.O. and John!