• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Question

viav13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Montcalm Co. MI
This is just a quick feeler. Seeing if anyone knows right off the bat if this is possible or has done it before.

I own a SN3 with MOA knobs and MIl reticule. Is it possible to get MIl knobs installed on it by sending back to USO?

I did this because it was what i was used to, Now i see the advantages of a MIL/MIL setup. Would like to get it changed if possible.

Re: USO Question

I figured it would have to go back. I didnt think it would be as easy as just replacing the turret cover. But you think they can do it?

I can't give them a call right now because im out of the country. So i wouldn't be able to send it out right away either.

When I called, they said once its together... its together... unless your adding illumination to an illumination ready housing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I called, they said once its together... its together... unless your adding illumination to an illumination ready housing. </div></div>
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Owe well, live and learn. Guess i know better next time.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Thats correct. I called about the same issue. They can change the reticle for about 400, depending on the reticle, but turrets cannot be changed.

4 week wait on a changed reticle. I was considering having my ST10 changed from MIL/MOA to MIL/MIL. John informed me that he could not change a MIL/MOA to MIL/MIL but could change a MIL/MOA to MOA/MOA.

So there is an option if you want to go that route.

John said they use red loctite and every time they tried to do a change it ruined the tube.

The reticle change is $400 plus the $86 cost for the reticle.

At that price you would be better off selling your scope and buying a new one rather than paying extra.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reticle change is $400 plus the $86 cost for the reticle.

At that price you would be better off selling your scope and buying a new one rather than paying extra. </div></div>

Just for clarity, a reticle change usually runs about that, but it is an hourly service, not a flat rate. The reticle itself's cost is a fixed rate, most are $86, but not all.