• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USO Red Dot Sights

jakhamr81

Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
FT Smith, Ar
Quick question, are the USO DRS's and TSR sights made in the U.S.? I have to assume they are not for their price points.

Quick question, are the USO DRS's and TSR sights made in the U.S.? I have to assume they are not for their price points.

About 99.999999999999% sure the answer is no and about 90% sure they're chinesium

Edited for update.

The DRS was originally just a rebranded Shield RMS, as per their admission. Originally I mistakenly thought it was another Shield product, but I was able get one of their tech people on the phone and they said that they have shifted all production over to China for the DRS 2.0 and the TSR. They wouldn’t say where, but with DRS 2.0 has the Viper footprint and the TSR looks like it has elements of both the Vortex Crossfire and Sig Romeo5, so I suspect it’s the same factory pumping out Vortex’s electronic sights. I’ve seen Vortex MRDS take a dump on the range, along with both Sig and Vortex rifle RDS. On the upside, the DRS 2.0 now is made of 6061 aluminum with a glass lens, as opposed to the previous model which was polymer with polycarbonate lens.

If you want my advice, look elsewhere for a quality optic. Or if you want Chinesium optics, stick with Holosun.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm determined to avoid buying anything out of China again. I'd like to buy American but that market is small and pricey. Fortunately, I'm not in any hurry. It's only going on my daughter's .22 to replace the Millet she has now.