• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO & SCHMIDT & BENDER

b1 det

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
SE MICHIGAN
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum but I have read here lot's of times. I was wondering if there are any members in se mi, with uso or s&b variable scopes I am looking very hard at putting one of the 5-25's on my 300 win. 700 rem 5r . I dont mind spending the $ but I would like to compare the two before I spend $3000 plus . Jeff @ uso said this was going to be my best bet and that everyone here is friendly. Thanks

Re: USO & SCHMIDT & BENDER

Hey b1 -

check out Premier Reticle scopes. Their new 5-25 is getting fantastic reviews.

http://www.premierreticles.com/

http://www.premierreticles.com/Products/HT5-25.html

the following is an out take from a very good Shot Show 2009 report on a variety of rifle scope makers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">Premier Reticles</span>: A lot of people have asked what I thought of the new Heritage riflescope. A few have misinterpreted my reticence on not wanting to say anything bad....not true. I've just not seen the darn things.....until now.

I truly was not prepared for what I saw.

The Heritage is a very fine gunsight AND optic. I love the heavy, stout construction, the chunky knobs, the parallax/illumination knob design, the finish, the machining. I definitely prefer the "double turn" knob with the detent every 1 mil and the tactile 2nd turn indicator. I had trouble moving the original single turn knob "only" one click or 0.1 mils due to the fineness of the spacing. I like the locking diopter design, and the tool-less re-zeroing is just dandy. Of course, the Gen 2 mildot and Gen 2 XR are awesome functional long range reticles. Ok, so there are a few "tough as nails" scopes that hold up well to rough treatment...like Nightforce NXS.

Then I looked through the thing. WOW. Premier states that no expense was spared in the specs of the optics and I completely believe them. The Heritage has awesome German glass. Clarity, light management, image quality.... are second to none. I know this is subjective, but within the confines of SHOT, the Heritage had the "Best in Show" optics, combined with a bulletproof package.

Then we got lucky enough to step outside with them.

Specifically, I had the opportunity (along with Ilya Koshkin) to take the prototype 5-25x56 outside for some outdoors viewing (thanks to Jerry from Premier). The inside venue where Premier was situated had a long distance of about 35 yards to the wall....not exactly suitable for evaluating a long range scope (the width of the SHOT Show main floor was a lased 165 yards, and the length was an estimated 500 yards). Ilya and I wanted to see how well the Heritage performed as an optic with some distance to work with.

The Heritage did not disappoint.

The long range resolution, clarity, color rendition....simply outstanding. What was most amazing was the incredible depth of field the Heritage displayed. What I mean by this is the Heritage has the ability to keep two objects in the field of view in focus despite a big disparity in their distance. For instance, we were focused on a building several hundred yards away and a palm frond at a fraction of the distance could wave into the field of view and be in focus. This is exceptional from an optical engineering standpoint (so sayeth the Dark Lord of Optics). The utility of this from the practical standpoint of a combat riflescope should be obvious. The Heritage would seem to confer a decided advantage to the enduser in a variety of competitive or tactical environments.

In my my opinion, this is the single best all-round riflescope I've probably ever seen. American-made and the best? It's nice to put those two concepts in one sentence! Best of luck to Chris Thomas and crew. We will do whatever we can to sell as many Heritage scopes as possible.

I love the Premier Heritage. :droolguy: :wub:

I have no data on long term reliability, but otherwise I am very fired up about this scope! I know the NXS is much more proven, but IMO the NXS can't hold a candle to the Heritage. I sincerely wish Premier the best in getting this scope out there and we are going to do all we can to get these in the hands of serious shooters!! Nice folks to meet and deal with, too......

</div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...4384#Post964384

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 5-25 isnt available until June, right? </div></div>

That sure is what Liberty Optics is saying. Front page about half way down. Also says that the optics "are the best glass we have ever looked through"! Coming from Liberty Optics, that really does mean a lot!

http://www.libertyoptics.com/

I am ordering a 3-15 from Scott and wondering if I should hold out for the 5-25.

For those in the know, are these two scopes identical in every way other than mag range?

Damn, dont want to wait, but dont want remorse either.

That all looks like good stuff anyone have one? I like the made in the u.s. I hate to buy scope with japanese glass. I had a grandfather @ pearl harbor. I dont mind german but they told me today they get lots of glass from asia. I live here I try to buy here and in detroit you see how bad this global economy has really hurt people. So I will call them tommorow , Thank's for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For those in the know, are these two scopes identical in every way other than mag range? </div></div>

No the 5 -25 is a bit longer and heavier, all else remains the same.

Cheers,

Doc

As far as the S&B and USO debate goes.........

Like owning a Ferrari and Lambo and trying to figure out which one you want to drive to work in the morning! They both are extremely GREAT scopes. I would give a very slight edge to the S&B for clairity, BUT (and thats a BIG but) Ive seen stuff done to a USO that I wouldn't attempt with any other scope! (Using it as a hammer and throwing it off a cliff) and still holding zero! I like my S&B just a bit better but thats because it was my first mil scope. I wish I would have ordered my USO like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am ordering a 3-15 from Scott and wondering if I should hold out for the 5-25.

For those in the know, are these two scopes identical in every way other than mag range?

</div></div>

The difference in length is roughly three inches and the 5-25 is only one ounce heavier than the 3-15. Either way you can't go wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew they were physically a bit different, but thanks.

I was meaning quality of construction and optics wise. </div></div>

They will be made with the same quality in both components and construction as well as the same optical superiority.

Jerry....when's Liberty getting their shipment of 3-15's? Someone is waiting....
laugh.gif

Also, 5-25 still on schedule for a June delivery?

You sould also consider hensoldt if your looking at a scope in that price range. Theses scopes are manufactured by Zeiss optronics, distributed by HDC in the states... Worth any S&B or USO, plus I personally like where the illumination button is located... most of them are offered with ffp or sfp, only drawback (if it's one) they are metric...

HI everbody, I looked at the premier scopes site I like what I see. I was not sure about how to go about this but I would like to experiance all these scopes in this discusion but there are no dealers in my area for any of these brands. Are thier any members in SE MICHIGAN, OR AREA WERE I can check out some of these scopes maybe shoot a couple rounds . After all the proof is in the pudding. Thank you all for your responses,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jerry....when's Liberty getting their shipment of 3-15's? Someone is waiting....
laugh.gif

Also, 5-25 still on schedule for a June delivery? </div></div>

Dealers will be receiving scopes in the next couple weeks and yes, the 5-25s are still on schedule for a June release.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sakotrg22uso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sould also consider hensoldt if your looking at a scope in that price range. Theses scopes are manufactured by Zeiss optronics, distributed by HDC in the states... Worth any S&B or USO, plus I personally like where the illumination button is located... most of them are offered with ffp or sfp, only drawback (if it's one) they are metric... </div></div>

when are these going to be available? I heard delivery is now end of summer... can any one confirm when Hensoldts are shipping?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heron163</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
when are these going to be available? I heard delivery is now end of summer... can any one confirm when Hensoldts are shipping? </div></div>

Some items are available now such as the Spotter60, RSA-S, VGN 3x magnifier, and all the accessories. Riflescopes could be arriving as soon as a few weeks. I will make an announcement when inventory starts to arrive. Contact one of our dealers for further information or to reserve a scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sakotrg22uso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sould also consider hensoldt if your looking at a scope in that price range. Theses scopes are manufactured by Zeiss optronics, distributed by HDC in the states... Worth any S&B or USO, plus I personally like where the illumination button is located... most of them are offered with ffp or sfp, only drawback (if it's one) they are metric... </div></div>

They are not metric they are mils one has nothing to do with the other.Mil/Mil is quickley becoming the standard as it is a much more efficient method.