• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN-3 or SSDS-illumination

Callum LRshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2008
Australia
hey guys,

i was looking to buy a USO SN-3 3.2-17x or the SN-3 SSDS and i would just like to know two things,

1) where is the illumination knob located on the scope if you choose to have it for these two types of USO, are they the same place?

2)with the SSDS it says made for the m40 that doesn't mean to use on a m40 only right, cause i have a remington 700 .308 and i have only just really started getting into my shooting been doing it for just over a year now and i want to get my rifle well equiped for shooting distances and not having to buy another scope unless i get a new rifle so i chose USO. thank you.:D

Re: USO SN-3 or SSDS-illumination

Ferrik,

The illumination knob can be put on either side of the turret housing, your choice.

On the SSDS the scope elevation knob is calibrated for 118LR shot from the M-40A3 series of USMC rifles.

For maximum versatility you would probably want to go with a straight SN-3 TPAL.

Cheers,

Doc

Re: USO SN-3 or SSDS-illumination

thank you so much, i really liked the SSDS more i think the left knob on the SN-3 looks silly and on the SSDS there is nothing on the left side of the scope.

thanks again.