• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN-3 Turret Zero Question

tnichols

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2010
Morley IA
I recently purchased a pre-owned SN-3 5-25x58. Previous owner sent all documents/paperwork that came new with the scope. The only thing I'm not seeing is how to zero the windage turret. I'm guessing you loosen the machine screw in the middle of the turret, set to zero, then re-tighten, but don't want to screw up or do something I shouldn't. For clarity, I have the US#3 M40 1/10 MIL turret.

I'm looking at the operators manual on page #13. Although the photos show a #1 windage turret, all 5X25 TPAL's have the #3. You loosen the hex screw one half turn, lift and reposition. BB

Thanks fella's. I'll have to contact USO and see if I can get a manual. I've got every last bit of paperwork for the scope (build sheet, EREK adjustment, etc...) but don't have an operators manual.

I wouldn't fault whoever sold you the scope because this operator's manual I'm looking at is dated Aug 2013 on the back, and the first time I laid eyes on it was a couple weeks ago, sent with a repair job. (and why I happen to have it handy) BB

Makes sense, as I believe mine was built in May 2012. If there was a manual, the guy I bought it from would have sent it because in all my dealings with him, he had everything really squared away. Thanks for the info.

the documentation was crappy with mine as well. However, Arnold at USO is often willing to work directly with you to get things ironed out. Give Becky a call there (really anyone) leave a message and ask for some assistance. it doesn't usually take more then a few days for me to get a callback...