• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN-4S Question

JasonB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2007
Manteca, California
USO has been a great sponser for our TBRC and im interested in their SN-4S for my AR...

Since Im not ready to purchase atm, I figured I would just post some questions here instead of calling and bugging CS.

Ive looked at their website and specd out something im interested in... but wondering if their are other options available...

reticle choices... Looking for a standard Mil Dot Ret, or perfer Gen 2 Ret...

Knobs... .1 mil/click knobs, and exposed knobs

what is the standard eye relief length, is the ext eye relief needed on a AR 5.56?

Re: USO SN-4S Question

I had an SN4 before I decided on more mag. Best 1-4 I've used.

The eye relief was fine for me (I run a USO PosiSlide &Lock mount). They don't install the regular mildot style reticles in the SN4's-they'd be pretty interesting to use at that low of magnification even if they did. The newer 1.5-6X SN4 have a great looking reticle in the JNG (either in mil or moa):
get_image.php

The JPJ1 reticle looks good (kind of ACOG-ish) but the drops they show don't match anything my 223 shoots.
upgradesDetail.php

I just went with a ST10 with a Jpoint at 1:00 on the foreend and called it a day.

Standard fast focus eyepiece is what you'd want, the extended they offer would need to be mounted out front like a scout scope.........

I like the PC MOA for close stuff. DOn't know if its offered for that model. If it is that's what I'd get. Big circle for close up, fine reticle for precision.