• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 bottom out question...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
I just tried to zero my new SN3 (34mm tube) but it seemed to bottom out with my 40 (or is it 30??) MOA mount right above my 100 yard zero. I don't think it was the zero stop though not exactly sure.

My two NFs don't bottom out with the same mount/rifle.... does USO SN3 have less elevation than the NXS 5.5-25 50mm?

Here's the specs:

SN3-3 T-PAL 3.2-17x
44mm Fixed Objective
34mm Tube
OD Green Anodizing
Mil Scale GAP Reticle
11 POS Rheostat RED
EREK 1cm@100m-Elevation
US#3 105 Click-Windage

Re: USO SN3 bottom out question...

Dude, you need to set your EREK knob up correctly (just requires a hex wrench). Read up on the provided instructions or email Jeff at USO to get them. Pretty sure that is your problem.

Good info above!
One great feature of the EREK, it also has a center screw to allow you to adjust elevation independent of the outer knob.

Here is a simplistic method to getting it zeroed:
Of course....don't force anything!

Install the EREK cap with the hole in the middle. Run the knob down until it stops, and run it back up 6 clicks or so.
Then, holding the knob still, instert an allen wrench through the hole and into the center screw, move the screw clockwise until you achieve zero....counter-clockwise if you go too far and need to come back up.

Thanks guys for your input.

Yeah, I used the instructions and pretty sure I did everything correctly.

When I dial the elevation hex nut all the way (counter-clockwise) to it's bottom, it's still printing rounds 3cm high.

Booo.

You went the wrong way.
Both the center screw and the knob add elevation as you turn them counterclockwise. They both decrease elevation as you turn them clockwise.

Per the instructions:
"If you are too low, turn "zero screw" counterclockwise. If you are too high screw clockwise."

Think of both the screw and the knob as elevation knobs that work in the same direction. If the scope works as you wish, you never need to adjust the screw....but the screw can be used to adjust the range of the knob.

Once you get the hang of it, you will love the EREK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You went the wrong way.
Both the center screw and the knob add elevation as you turn them counterclockwise. They both decrease elevation as you turn them clockwise.

Per the instructions:
"If you are too low, turn "zero screw" counterclockwise. If you are too high screw clockwise."

Think of both the screw and the knob as elevation knobs that work in the same direction. If the scope works as you wish, you never need to adjust the screw....but the screw can be used to adjust the range of the knob.

Once you get the hang of it, you will love the EREK.

</div></div>

oh.
blush.gif
(thank you!)

eta- wait, I made a mistake--- I was going clockwise and it stopped.

So.... the center screw and the EREK are both at the bottom of clockwise travel?

It could be that you need to switch to a 20MOA base.
I believe most SN-3's have a bit of "up" built-in already, resulting in less "down" left over.
This combined with your 30-40MOA base may not get along too well.

so is the 'zero stop' really the bottoming out the erector? it seems that with the center hex screw you can zero the rifle and still have all of the up adjustment for the knob itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersix4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so is the 'zero stop' really the bottoming out the erector? it seems that with the center hex screw you can zero the rifle and still have all of the up adjustment for the knob itself. </div></div>

I went to USO and Arnold reset my EREK knob and bore-sighted the beast in. Will be going to the range tomorrow to see what's what.

Appears user error was to blame for it bottoming out!

eta- there is no zero stop on my scope.