• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 on GAP Non Typical Hunting Rifle

merlinnnn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Ca
I just received my USO SN-3 Scope today,
mounted it on a GAP Non Typical Hunting Rifle in 308
with a Templar action, 22 inch Bartlein barrel Manners SL stock &
HS Mag bottom metal. I could not be happier with the outcome absolutely GREAT package!!!!!

sw7r5v.jpg

309rapt.jpg

vwzhue.jpg

Merlinn

Re: USO SN3 on GAP Non Typical Hunting Rifle

I would love to enter something like that in one of our local tactical or F class matches and see how it does.

Easily one of the nicest hunting sticks I've ever seen!

Nice rifle and scope set-up!!!

Just wondering, how old is your GAP build? The reason I'm asking is that I see that your bolt is not spiral fluted and you don't have a tactical bolt knob?? I ordered a GAP rifle w/ a Templar action and was told that the bolt would be spiral fluted and come with a tctical style bolt knob.

I ordered the exact scope too - I was told it would be ready within the next week.

You guys are funny!! OK styling a bit.. The rifle is about 4 months old, George built it per spec as his personal rig. I thought if it good for him it's way more than good for me!!!
Weight is just about 9 all in 8. something.. I really like the bolt, I can sling it either way it just works..

Thanks,

Merlinn

nice!!

i just picked up my new gap .338 lm. breaking it in right now..

man those guys do good work!!

report coming.......

Wow that looks great, i have two scopes coming that look just like that.Can't wait to get them

I just got my Gap non-typical in 300WM, mounted a Zeiss Victory.

They are very nice guns!

Enjoy.

Great looking gun Merlinn. What is the barrel contour?
Rad

I love that build !! I think I have just decided what my next build will be after 6.5 and .338 L I will however go for 30/06.

Nice setup Merlinn!! I wouldn't mind putting a SN-3 1.8-10 on my Win m70 coyote in 300wsm. Its my hunting rig I'm finishing setting up. Only thing I have left to get for it is the glass. Enjoy shooting your new stick!!

Is that a #3 Bartlein? Looks great!!

I'm waiting on a GAP 7wsm, #3 Bartlein & manners stock in GAP3 camo

also waiting on a sn3-3.2-17 T-PAL

Being a GAP, I'm sure it performs well, but it is also a fantastic looking rifle.

Yes it is a # 3 contour Bartlein.

The weight is just shy of 9 lb. without the bipod.

This is hands down my favorite rifle, easy carry, solid as a rock, boring accuracy, and the templar action is just tight, smooth and slick.

The SN-3 is my first USO scope, I had tried the 44-mm objective thinking it would be preferable, but I really prefer the 37-mm. When set at 1.8 magnification the field of view is huge, very clear & bright. I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 on an AR, the USO at 1.8 feels as quick as the M3, great eye relief and sight picture.

At the end of the day, I am happy to say if I had it all to do over again I would not change a thing. And to everyone here's credit with out you all this would not have happened. (and I do think it is a great looking rifle, simple, no frills, rugged function)

Many thanks,

Merlinn