• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 TPAL scopes..

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
Edited...

Found one on the sight and this is going to be mine at the end of next week.

I would like opinions from the scope guru's on anything they see wrong on this set up.

Wes

Scope:

SN3-1750
T-Pal Left - Standard Option
44mm - Standard Option
U.S. #1 M40 Style 1/2 MOA - 20.00
U.S. #1 M40 Style 1/4 MOA - 20.00
30mm - Standard Option
Matte Black Type III Hard Anodizing - Standard Option
MDMOA - Illuminated - 160.00
11 Pos Rheostat (Green) - 185.00
Lo Profile Housing - Standard Option
Rapid Focus - Standard Option

Accessories:

Screw-on Objective Cover - 25.00
Screw -on Eyepiece Cover - 25.00
44mm Ergo Low Profile 2" Sunshade - 45.00
Polarizer/ARD - 40.00
Custom BDC - Laser Engraved - 50.00

Re: USO SN3 TPAL scopes..

Looks good. Does USO have this in stock right now? Lucky find if they do.

Reticle and knobs match.

Wondering why screw-on covers instead of flip-ups?

US #1 M40 knobs won't allow the use of caps; if not a concern no biggie.

Have you considered getting EREK for elevation?

If this is in stock for you to pick up it is a good scope to pick up. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. Does USO have this in stock right now? Lucky find if they do.

Reticle and knobs match.

If this is in stock for you to pick up it is a good scope to pick up. Good luck.
</div></div>

Thanx for the opinion. I am hoping they have one in stock. This is my first USO scope and I'm not really sure what all the small parts are. What is a "EREK" and is it better than a standard knob? Also would different knobs be better so I can use caps or would it be better to go with US #1 M40 knobs?

Wes

Personally I would at least go with the #3 M40 elevation. 105 clicks per revolution will get you way out there in one turn.
If you plan to just use holdover with the reticle, then nevermind.
YMMV-Rob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. Does USO have this in stock right now? Lucky find if they do.

Reticle and knobs match.

</div></div>

Thanx for the opinion. I am hoping they have one in stock. This is my first USO scope and I'm not really sure what all the small parts are. What is a "EREK" and is it better than a standard knob? Also would different knobs be better so I can use caps or would it be better to go with US #1 M40 knobs?

Wes </div></div>

Wes,

Shoot me a PMand I'll walk you through all the small parts.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the EREK. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc will set you up.

</div></div>

Yes, Doc seems to know his shit about scopes. Before we discussed anything, he asked me what is the primary use of the scope and what else it might be used for. I told him pig hunting out to 800 yards and target shooting for pleasure. He replied with a scope set-up that does make alot of sence to me being I'm still new to long range shooting. He gave careful advise and helped me pick out a recticle that would be easy for me to read. He also told me I didn't need the EREK unless I was going to shoot matches and said to put my windage knob on the left side of the scope so I can keep my finger on the trigger where it belongs.

Doc is a really swell guy in my books and I WILL deal with him when I purchase my scope in the next couple of weeks.

Wesley

And BIG THANKYOU to everyone who posted in this thread.

Glad to help!

I'm just TRYING to live up to USO's customer service standards
grin.gif

It ain't easy

Cheers,

Doc

windage on the left so the trigger finger can stay where it needs to is a great idea! Never thought about that one... Wish I had spoken to Doc before I got mine last week...

I wonder if Arnold can help me switch the windage and rheostat... Doc do you think this is doable after the scope is completed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Arnold can help me switch the windage and rheostat... Doc do you think this is doable after the scope is completed?
</div></div>

Ummmmmm, is it done or ordered?

If it's done I wouldn't request it. Chances are they will build a new one vs taking one apart. The reasons are VERY few and VERY far between that they will attempt to dissasemble a scope. Destruction and destroy are two words that usually enter into that conversation.

Cheers,

Doc

I just ordered an SN-3 last week (will be my first USO scope) and was pleased to find out the left hand windage knob is a no-cost option. I shoot from the prone a lot and will appreciate the convenience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if Arnold can help me switch the windage and rheostat... Doc do you think this is doable after the scope is completed?
</div></div>

Ummmmmm, is it done or ordered?

If it's done I wouldn't request it. Chances are they will build a new one vs taking one apart. The reasons are VERY few and VERY far between that they will attempt to dissasemble a scope. Destruction and destroy are two words that usually enter into that conversation.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Done and in my hands...
laugh.gif

No worries, most of my shooting will be done from the bench with occasional prone shooting so while it may be nice to have that option, I will be just as fine without it. I've bugged them guys enough anyway.
smile.gif

Thanks Doc!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">windage on the left so the trigger finger can stay where it needs to is a great idea! Never thought about that one... Wish I had spoken to Doc before I got mine last week... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
just ordered an SN-3 last week (will be my first USO scope) and was pleased to find out the left hand windage knob is a no-cost option. I shoot from the prone a lot and will appreciate the convenience.</div></div>

I may be wrong but asking around, just how much twisting on a left side windage knob would I do. Right now with SS10x, its Kentucky windage hold. Only time I ever twisted for windage was when my SS was mounted out of plum and I had to twist the knob from dope book to get it on center going past 300 (.75moa at 300 was my start), I then held for wind. Now that I got it plum, windage knob stays put. I got the GAP ret for wind on my USO.

Just my $.02 from a gumby.

I've got the left hand windage,
I would have never asked for it, but it came on the used scope I got.

I will say, it is very nice....
I don't have to break my basic position or lean over the rifle to adjust.....if you needed to, I bet you could adjust while keeping your sight picture.....
if you're ordering the scope anyway, I'd do it,
all my future USO's will have it....
just my .02.......