• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Spotter

dt00083

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
U.S.
I have a chance to get a USO spotter for $800, with MD-MOA ret,
same as my scope. Would you guys buy it or spend you money on another brand?

Never used or looked through a USO spotter, so any info would help.

Thanks

Re: USO Spotter

I have got to use their spotters for a match over in Prescott, It belonged to someone else and they had the Mil reticle, but It was very clear glass and a good spotter. The guys I shoot with and myself use an MOA reticle as well, Two guys in our group have ordered the MOA spotter from USO and I am looking forward to them having it as it will help us all at our local matches! I do not consider myself to be an expert, but I was very happy with their spotter. Good luck.

The USO spotter is very nice from what I can tell. I got to use Tim and Regina's at the same AZ match as HOG. I think it would be a good purchase and something you can utilize every time your shooting long range. Having the same reticle in the spotter and rifle scope is a plus!

For the magnification range it's fairly compact and seems easier to pack around with you than a lot of the bigger ones.

How do you like the MD-MOA reticle?

Good price. I like mine. It is the perfect field spotter and a decent gun range spotter. The eye relief is different (longer) than any spotter I have used but I have come to prefer it. Mine matches my scope reticles and that is a real plus.

the eye relief kinda sucks...
it was a bitch to adjust

i wasn't really impressed

but it did seem built like a tank, if thats your thing

I've looked through three, and used one of them over the length of a day on two occasions for matches and haven't seen the issues that other people mention with adjustment or poor optics, etc.

Thus the reason that I recently ordered one
wink.gif

I am getting one with a GAP reticle built right now. It is a compact field spotter, so eye relief isn't going to be as generous as the big monster spotters. $800 is a smoking deal if it has the reticle you like.

I bought the GAP-MIL version to compliment my SN-3 3.2-17 Ergo. I do like it alot. Have learned to live with the C.A. issue (mostly by slight eye position changes). This came from the dealer with the 2" ARD and caps. Have the ARD on my SN-3 and can see no difference in brightness with or without. However, the ARD on the Spotter noticably dims the image. I got a plain SS now for the spotter and it doesn't effect the brightness. YMMV

It's more of a field scope than a spotting scope, but I've kept mine with Gen II reticle.