• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Spotting scope

maxposner

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2005
Grosse Ile, Michigan
Just won a USO spotting scope with a mil gap reticle, can I use the mil dot master for ranging, does this reticle work the same as the standard mil dot?

Re: USO Spotting scope

Yes you can use the mildot master. Gap reticle is mil based but uses lines instead of dots.

david

another question, the FFP reticle gets huge at 40x, does it still range accuratly, I was ranging on a house across the river in Canada. I was using a window and guesing the dimension, I came up with over 2000 yards(the master only goes to 2000, actual range is just over 2400 yards. But the window seemed huge at 40x, as did the mil marks.

I really do have to spend more time with it. But it is an interesting time, at these extended ranges, I will have to resort to a calculator, or add markings to the Mil Dot Master.

A FFP allows for ranging accurately at all power ranges vs a SFP that as a specific power that you can range at. I could be wrong as I am just a noob that reads a lot .............

blklabs is correct. Since USO spotter is ffp it will subtend the same at all power levels.

david

it's weird how big the lines appear at full magnification, on the other hand, being able to see that far is interesting. Google Earth confirmed the ranges, I would have thought that it was a little over a thousand.