• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SR-8?

slyfox

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
IN
Now that shot show is under way, is there any more info/pics about the dfp red dot 1-8 SR-8 from US Optics? I have been waiting for this baby for a while now and have some money burning a hole in my pocket! Any idea when we can put in orders for these?

Re: USO SR-8?

Are they calling it the SR8 or SN8?

Did some google'ing looks like SN8 is FFP and SR8 is DFP

Okay, after visiting the booth, it is the SR-8. They are refreshing the product line and depending on the magnification of the scope it will have a SR, MR or ER designation.

I have the spec sheet in front of me now. It is called the SR-8

30mm tube
27mm objective
Reticle C2 and CDMIL
Length 12 inches
Weight 1.6lbs
Eye relief 3.7 inches

I had a chance to handle it a bit. It is hard to tell much indoors looking at walls and booths. But it certainly looks to be an optic that would be worth some comparison with the usual suspects. I hope to make it over to the S&B display tomorrow and make some comparisons.

They should be taking orders now on both the red dot and non. They took about 8 red dots to the show for display.

I have one, happy with it so far. Mine is the SN-8. Julio (Lazy21) is the source for these!

_DSC0763_zps2b3e3691.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one, happy with it so far. Mine is the SN-8. Julio (Lazy21) is the source for these!

_DSC0763_zps2b3e3691.jpg
</div></div>

That's freaking sick bro! what mount is that?

After over a year of them being announced this is the first time I've seen one mounted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo1312</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mount looks like a tan ADM Recon.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imc...tus=&title=

I got mine from lazy21 also...hopefully get to shoot with it next week. </div></div>

Chris, picture or we won't believe you
wink.gif
. Thanks for the business guys!

It went pending 8/23/12. I had another can go pending 7/18/12 and approved 1/13/13, so I'm figuring about the same amount of time for the 30BA.

Looking around, it seems there is a moderate amount of criticism of the USO push button illumination controls.

Do any of the 1-8x/1-10x scopes have motion sensors so that if you grab the resting rifle the illumination is automatically instant-on to whatever was pre-set?

Also, is there any consensus on red v. green v. blue illumination in the field?

No on the motion sensor thing, but whatever setting the illumination is left on is what comes up when the powerbutton is pressed.

I personally have red illumination on the USOs I have, mainly because thats how they came( I bought a couple of mine used) and for the two ST-10s that I purchased new, I ordered the red illumination because that is what I was used to.

I must resist looking at the SN-8............. DROOOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoVandals</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VTi

What kind of rail is that? Parallax Tactical? </div></div>

The rail is KAC URX 3.1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you Rob, tell you're friend I'm expecting a full review since he took mine
smile.gif

here is the post of what I ordered on the SR8

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3826917&#Post3826917 </div></div>

I'll be sure to let him know
smile.gif
It was cool of you to let yours go, we appreciate getting it a bit quicker. Thanks again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my KAC LPR... Thanks Julio.

Web_RRD_7557_zpsaa65120f.jpg

Web_RRD_7558_zps11244821.jpg
</div></div>

Loving the looks of it on the KAC LPR. I might have to try one out on my new KAC MOD1!!! Very very tempting...... Damn you guys!!!

I'm diggin the KAC LPR.

I do have a 1.8-10x 37mm with ERGO/EREK, sort of just lying around...

Good for you VTi

Looks like
FFP 1-8x is SN-8
DFP 1-8x is SR-8

Any thru the scope pics on 100 yards target?

Threw it on after getting the rings torqued down.

The SN-8 in a LT158 SRS-S on a Noveske.

I still think I'd like to see a lower mounting solution, bit high yet for me.

usoptic.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slyfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever the name, I am excited for it!
</div></div>

Was at the booth yesterday and got more info. I'll be doing a review on my team mate DMiller's 1-8x with CDMIL reticle. I checked out the DFP model and it is bad ass!

Need pics on target at 1and 8 power. Looks good. I'm just wondering how small that reticle is at 1x.

All scopes pictured sold by Lazy
smile.gif
.........I love it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's official, VTi is the coolest guy I know.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Hell J, you know if you want the LPR all you have to do is ask
smile.gif
Just send me some cool gear in return!

way to go Lazy, good fortune to good people. I will be coming to see you after I get my fed refund.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: transporterr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I will be coming to see you after I get my fed refund.</div></div>

I think there was an executive order that says you cant use your Fed Refund money towards Firearms or accessories......

Anyone have feedback on how the sr-8c is in the field? I am interested in one but would like to hear some thoughts on the illumination and the dot used in daylight.