• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO ST-10 Configuration (Pro vs Con)

Judge

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
Guys,

I'm about to purchase an ST-10 and wanted your feedback on the following configuration.

- ST-10
- ERGO
- Objective 44mm
- EREK 1/10 MIL elevation
- U.S. #3 M40 Style 1/10 MIL
- MIL-DOT
- 11 Pos Rheostat (RED)
- Rapid Focus

Thanks.
Judge

Re: USO ST-10 Configuration (Pro vs Con)

Looks good, but I'd go with the GAP mil reticle-half mil marks are nice to have.

Personally I like the MPR mil reticle, and am having my ST10 being built right now with that, 37mm Ergo and left handed windage knob.......

I think I have one of those on the shelf, for sale right now.

Cheers,

Doc

Personally I would go with the 37mm objective. It works on a lot of different rifles since the objective housing is smaller.

Get the GAP Mil Scale reticle or the new MLR (if they make it for the ST-10). I have gone with the 37mm fixed and have not looked back. If $$ is tight you might consider skipping the illum reticle but have a illum ready housing.

Also depending on how you plan to use it I would consider having the EREK done with large numbers and only a single turn's of markings. The number of times you are going to go past 9 mils of elevation is most likely going to be very few, unless your shooting dictates otherwise. Even when you do go past 9 mils it is easy to keep track of where you are.

I'm going to order up some big number EREKs plus have a few other tricks I'll do on my next ST-10 order. 3 so far in 2009; ordering 2-3 more soon.

EDIT TO ADD: the EREK knob markings can be changed at any time; not critical when ordering the scope. I think Jeff will make you about whatever you want markings-wise for about $45. Right Doc?

+1 on the GAP reticle that's what I roll with. I also prefer green illumination over red. I have the 37mm objective as well and don't have any complaints.

Red doesn't fry your natural night vision, but green is more compatible with artificial night vision I believe.

I like red.

I love them with the GAP.

Also if anyone is looking for one with the MOA Type 1 we have a USED one that is Coated TAN. Feel free to ask more questions.