• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USO TS-12 Mounting on a Ruger Ranch

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I am thinking about mounting a US Optics TS-12 on a Ruger Ranch 6.5 Grendel. I can see this might be difficult because it is so short. I have seen a few pictures online of different mounting options. Using a riser and then rings to get it just high enough looked like it might work. Has anyone else tried something different? If so, do you mind sharing a photo of the set up? I looked at several LPVO's, but this scope just seems to check a lot of the boxes. I wish it had an illuminated reticle though.

What he said ^

I’ve used one for the last year on one of my coyote rifles. My hunt partner is one of USO’s prostaff and he’s got three TS12s. Between those 4 we’ve had zero issues with them through a TON of predator hunting here in AZ. At that price point they’re really hard to beat and we’ve put a lot of fur on the ground with them. I do recommend picking up a throw lever from MK Machine. There’s not a lot of purchase on the zoom ring.

Pic below for you to see how it sits on his Ruger:

EF0B66B6-EC17-4D2C-8450-961A7B34220A.jpeg

Reactions: minn_wild1
2-3" of eye relief. I think they used the riser to slide it back far enough.

What he said ^

I’ve used one for the last year on one of my coyote rifles. My hunt partner is one of USO’s prostaff and he’s got three TS12s. Between those 4 we’ve had zero issues with them through a TON of predator hunting here in AZ. At that price point they’re really hard to beat and we’ve put a lot of fur on the ground with them. I do recommend picking up a throw lever from MK Machine. There’s not a lot of purchase on the zoom ring.

View attachment 7875251
That helps. Thank you!

Reactions: DedicatedShooter
What he said ^

View attachment 7875251
^^^THIS! I had this exact setup (with the same rings) on my AR. I love my TS12. It tracks perfectly, has good glass for the price and is super compact. I also use it on coyotes and it has had some rough use and holds zero perfectly. My only complaint is, I wish had illumination. For the price though, it's hard to beat. ETA: I also HIGHLY recommend the throw lever from @Tyler Kemp at MK Machining. Good dude and makes great products.

Last edited:
^^^THIS! I had this exact setup (with the same rings) on my AR. I love my TS12. It tracks perfectly, has good glass for the price and is super compact. I also use it on coyotes and it has had some rough use and holds zero perfectly. My only complaint is, I wish had illumination. For the price though, it's hard to beat.

They’re sweet little scopes and if you get the MIL/LEO discount…you definitely can’t beat it. Perfect for ARs with their weight and length. I also wish it had illumination, but, then it would cost more and honestly I’d only use it for the first 10min of the first stand of the day or the opposite at the end of the day. So, we just wait a little longer to turn the caller on. No biggie. Love these scopes tho!

Reactions: Desert Raven
RR scope 4.JPG

It's on there. I tried a DNZ mount that didn't work due to the zoom ring contacting the mount tab. Ended up turning the base around and the scalloped rear was put in the front allowing me enough room to get it slid back far enough to be comfortable. There is about .080" clearance between the bell and the base... The rings are Vortex Pro mediums.

Last edited:
RR scope 1.JPG

The angle isn't perfect to show the gap, but it is there. and measures out right around .080"

RR Scope 2.JPG

The front of the base now resides in the back. I might radius the edges a bit, but it works.

RR scope 5.JPG

This didn't work due to the zoom ring contacting the ear of the base that sticks out to grab the farthest back hole in the receiver.

View attachment 7882106
It's on there. I tried a DNZ mount that didn't work due to the zoom ring contacting the mount tab. Ended up turning the base around and the scalloped rear was put in the front allowing me enough room to get it slid back far enough to be comfortable. There is about .080" clearance between the bell and the base... The rings are Vortex Pro mediums.
I know its been over a year since you posted this but this is exactly what I was looking for. I have the same scope on AR and its a solid set up. Hopefully you see this but I have a couple of questions about this set up
1 How is the eye relief?
2 Do you feel like you are really having to stretch out to get good sight picture?
3 Are you using the 1 inch or the 1.26 inch mediums?

Last edited:
They’re sweet little scopes and if you get the MIL/LEO discount…you definitely can’t beat it. Perfect for ARs with their weight and length. I also wish it had illumination, but, then it would cost more and honestly I’d only use it for the first 10min of the first stand of the day or the opposite at the end of the day. So, we just wait a little longer to turn the caller on. No biggie. Love these scopes tho!
EuroOptic or Scopelist or both currently have them for $325. How low can LE/MIL get then for?

Oops sorry, $312 is their current price for the TS12.

Last edited:
I know its been over a year since you posted this but this is exactly what I was looking for. I have the same scope on AR and its a solid set up. Hopefully you see this but I have a couple of questions about this set up
1 How is the eye relief?
2 Do you feel like you are really having to stretch out to get good sight picture?
3 Are you using the 1 inch or the 1.26 inch mediums?
The eye relief is good. I have to lean slightly into it but not enough to be bothersome. I used 1" high rings.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 21
The eye relief is good. I have to lean slightly into it but not enough to be bothersome. I used 1" high rings.
Awesome thanks for the reply. This has pretty much been my deciding factor if I wanted to get another ts12 for my ranch rifle. Currently have an 1x6 Lpvo on it but it does 6.5 grendal no justice. I have thought about taking the one I have off my AR but I do not want to adjust anything on that rifle because its set way to perfectly and painted to match the rifle.