• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO TS 3-12 anything else comparable?

101stinfantry

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    AR
    I HATE the fact that it is made in China, but it's close to what I want, compact 3-12 power range, 30mm tube, mil/mil, ffp, and a fairly useable reticle. Is there anything else even remotely comparable (not made in China)? It would replace a Bushnell Nitro 2.5-10 on a Howa 300bo mini-action, I would stick with it, but the damn thing is almost as long as the rifle. Only other thing I've found is maybe the NF 2-10, and I think it is SFP.

Lol! Thanks steve I actually hadn't seen that one. I think I'll just get a PST Gen II, or a NF SHV, and deal with the things I don't like. I would consider the March, but my wife thinks we need a new A/C unit.:rolleyes: First world problems, and all that.

There's a new Athelon that's supposed to be released next month, but it's chimcom as well

Athlon Optics Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 AHMR2 FFP IR MIL #214105​

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
    Steiner -$1850 @ EuroOptic
    I used a friend's and it's GTG. Tracks solid unlike the early versions.

PST Gen2 $900

Both ends of the spectrum under $2k

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-231026.png
      Screenshot_20210325-231026.png
      591.8 KB · Views: 62
    • Screenshot_20210325-231409.png
      Screenshot_20210325-231409.png
      437 KB · Views: 69
    Picked up the USO TS 3-12x and mounted it on a 24" AR. I like the dot in the middle of the reticle, and it has enough reticle to use it in PRS. Glass is good, not great of course, but for $350 it's a good deal IMO. No zero stop and only 5 mils per rotation, so just have to pay attention more when spinning dials.

I still do not have the Helos here.

ILya

Following, I just got one of those new Helos and I have a problem - I like variety, but I can't find a reason to not have one of them for every rifle that calls for this type of scope. It is fantastic so far.

Reactions: drewthebrave