• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO TS25 vs. Burris XTR2

apratt77

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
This is my first post here, I have been poking around here for a while. I am going to be replacing a Vortex HST on my Rem 6.5CM and getting a new scope for a Rem 280AI that is being put together. I would like to try and run the same scope on both. I would like to try and get into some PRS/NRL type shooting with the 6.5, the 280AI will be used for hunting and shooting steel. Thanks in advance for the help!

I looked through the TS line when it first rolled out, and it was horrible. Maybe they've improved it since then.

The current XTRIIs are a decent optic. The glass is decent on the newer versions and they are tough as nails. I had two 4-20's that I competed with for 4 years. The glass was as good or better than anything in its price point.

I don’t have experience with the TS line. But, I really like my XTR II for the money. It was my first scope purchase. Sometimes I feel like I should sell it, only because I’m willing to spend more money on the hobby now. But then, I remember that it does everything I ask it to.

In my opinion, it’s a good do all scope, sitting on top of a do all rifle. I use it to hit steel with a 308 out to 1,000 with no issues, and I like the reticle/weight for hunting.

I see them pop up for $600 and less fairly often on this site. It’s a lot of scope for that money.

Attachments

• 2CF75ABD-CAB0-4A58-AFC5-37F6767B51BD.jpeg
    2CF75ABD-CAB0-4A58-AFC5-37F6767B51BD.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: