• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Turret Visibility

M21guy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
WI
Seeing how most people post up their optics I've noticed most really appear bright and defined on there EREK and windage knobs. Boy would I really like that. Cannot see them at all they are so faint in certain lighting. Even in full sun they are hard for me to see. The whole scope appears dull, none of the markings pop like the one I've pictured here. So what have people done, paint them? Chemically clean them? The etching doesn't seem all that deep to give a person much to work with. I noticed a couple lines are only half etched besides not all that uniform in spacing, flaws I missed right away. Just seeing what I can do with them.

See this one is pretty bright. Mine not at all.
]
5691582525_4a0dd4d4b4_z.jpg

Re: USO Turret Visibility

I couldn't read the small numbers, give USO a call, they have EREKs with bigger numbers.

I had a problem with the rear ring hiding the numbers, gave USO a call and they made me a knob with bigger numbers on the top edge, good folks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't read the small numbers, give USO a call, they have EREKs with bigger numbers. </div></div>

It isn't that they're small. It's because they are the furthest thing from white or anything visible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It isn't that they're small. It's because they are the furthest thing from white or anything visible.</div></div>
I know what you mean, like these?
2wfpbmb.jpg

The larger numbers help, but I know the "dull" appearance.

Mine might be duller yet, but exactly what I mean. The whole scope is that way, and not just the EREK.

Correction: The cover that comes on the EREK so you can set it up, that is bright and bold, just like in my example in the first post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mine might be duller yet, but exactly what I mean. The whole scope is that way, and not just the EREK.

Correction: The cover that comes on the EREK so you can set it up, that is bright and bold, just like in my example in the first post.</div></div>

Call USO.