• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USO vs??? (Half off)

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
Question

I’m going to be building up at least part of a 6BRA rifle for PRS stuff pretty quick

I have a half off coupon for a USO

I was thinking of the USO FDN 25x

Is there anything else I should be looking at for that price point?

Thanks

I'll caveat this with a note that I'm sponsored by US Optics. I think with a 50% off coupon the FDN 25X is a great value. Especially with the JVCR reticle if you are shooting PRS. The internal level is also really nice to use. Compared to other scopes in that price range I also really like that the zoom is so smooth to operate it doesn't need a throw lever. I've never had an issue with tracking or losing zero. I can't say that about other scopes in that same price range.

I'll caveat this with a note that I'm sponsored by US Optics. I think with a 50% off coupon the FDN 25X is a great value. Especially with the JVCR reticle if you are shooting PRS. The internal level is also really nice to use. Compared to other scopes in that price range I also really like that the zoom is so smooth to operate it doesn't need a throw lever. I've never had an issue with tracking or losing zero. I can't say that about other scopes in that same price range.

Thanks

The internal level seems a for sure

So the JVCR is what seems to work best in the wild?

Was also thinking the blue illumination, can’t thing of too much that’s blue that it could blend with.

Any reason the JVCR is $200 more than all the others?

Thanks

The internal level seems a for sure

So the JVCR is what seems to work best in the wild?

Was also thinking the blue illumination, can’t thing of too much that’s blue that it could blend with.

Any reason the JVCR is $200 more than all the others?
I think the JVCR is great for PRS. That is Mr. Vibbert's game after all. I assume its $200 more to pay him a royalty.

I'm not sure what the use case for blue illumination is. I honestly never even put a battery in mine, I never need it.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I think the JVCR is great for PRS. That is Mr. Vibbert's game after all. I assume its $200 more to pay him a royalty.

I'm not sure what the use case for blue illumination is. I honestly never even put a battery in mine, I never need it.

using all 3 . Red, Green, Blue on USO, .. Blue illum, rules NV . The Blue illum. is SOoooo Nice .. just Blows Red and Green illum. away , when put behind a Clip-on NV .
I prefer the Green over Red . Green is pretty crisp . but blue also very usable for shoot and hunt .

Reactions: TurboTrout