• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes uso warranty

Re: uso warranty

My experience has been, with my own USO and my friend's USO, that when in doubt, just call Arnold and/or John and talk to them about your warranty/product questions or situation... I rarely hear of someone who is not taken care of at the end, whether they bought first or second hand. So just ask. JBW III is a member here and you can send him a PM also.

Good luck.

TO START OFF. IM not trying to rattle anyone!!!! But i was talking to a guy here recently as I am in the market but a USO or NF scope and I was told 1-4 scopes have to get sent back to get fixed buy USO. So i was advise to go with a NF or a Premier scope.

Is this correct to anyone else's experience? <span style="text-decoration: underline">Please dont take it the wrong way as I dont own one yet and not trying to bad mouth anything. Just askin a question</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. USO stands behind they're product, period. </div></div>
Yup!
And if you really have any question before you buy, PM JBW#3-nothing like getting an answer from the owner!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TO START OFF. IM not trying to rattle anyone!!!! But i was talking to a guy here recently as I am in the market but a USO or NF scope and I was told 1-4 scopes have to get sent back to get fixed buy USO. So i was advise to go with a NF or a Premier scope.

Is this correct to anyone else's experience? <span style="text-decoration: underline">Please dont take it the wrong way as I dont own one yet and not trying to bad mouth anything. Just askin a question</span> </div></div>

If that was true we'd be out of business. Think about the numbers.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TO START OFF. IM not trying to rattle anyone!!!! But i was talking to a guy here recently as I am in the market but a USO or NF scope and I was told 1-4 scopes have to get sent back to get fixed buy USO. So i was advise to go with a NF or a Premier scope.

Is this correct to anyone else's experience? <span style="text-decoration: underline">Please dont take it the wrong way as I dont own one yet and not trying to bad mouth anything. Just askin a question</span> </div></div>

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?????? you mean not everything you read on the internet is true?????
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TO START OFF. IM not trying to rattle anyone!!!! But i was talking to a guy here recently as I am in the market but a USO or NF scope and I was told 1-4 scopes have to get sent back to get fixed buy USO. So i was advise to go with a NF or a Premier scope.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?????? you mean not everything you read in the internet is true?????
grin.gif
</div></div>

And not everything you hear is true???
laugh.gif

Deal with USO with confidence.

Like I said in the other post if USO's are as bad as all these former owners are claiming. When they want to off load them their Hide worth will be about 595 for ST10 and 1000 for an SN3 so offer them that for their scope of little to no value and see what they say about that.

Why do I figure their USOs will suddenly be worth their weight in gold after they are facing a loss of 1/2 their value. Funny how money can shift one's opinion in an instant isn't?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am buying a USO scope from the distinguished gentelman KYshooter338 and I am wondering if the warranty transfers with ownership? I looked on the USO web site and didnt see anything
Thanks </div></div>

When you buy a USO you are not standing alone or left in the dust after the sale like other mfg's have done to me, some LE buds and a few that junk'et with/for Uncle.

I've seen how many companys handle their after sale issues an the fact remains, USO stands at the top, when something happens,... period.

I know of glass that was sent back with LE letters attached via 3 shooters, all were questioned, the glass was replaced after the third go round, an No it was not a Leupold, that time, either.

At the end of the day theres only two real choices for me. USO is first, the other is S&B, but S&B does not offer my retical or knobs of choice. YMMV

I purchased an ST-10 secondary.. had a problem with tracking and Arnold switched the serial to my name and got it taken care of ASAP and did extra stuff! No Charge.. So the answer to the OP's question is yes, it's transferable.

They will handle you very well, even if you buy an optic second hand. It's awesome! This is one of the main reasons I like USO so much. It makes buying a USO second hand MUCH more desirable.

I just received my first USO, a SN-3 3.2-17x44, Ill. GAP, Mil EREK knob. After speaking with John, and seeing a lot of positive response to their products, I paid the price and couldn't be happier. They are awesome scopes I would have no reservations about buying another.

US OPTICS has always backed their products 100%, CS is TOP NOTCH. i would not hesitate to buy any US Optics scope second hand, especially from "kyshooter338"

Dont have mine yet. Still 6+ weeks out but I can tell you dealing with John, he is top notch. I have had other optics some warranty problems with Leupold and Burris. Burris is good for warranty stuff, My experience with Leupold was so so but being able to speak directly with JBWIII on here is something you cant put a price on. Excellent Customer Service and a quality human being.

USO will back their shit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TO START OFF. IM not trying to rattle anyone!!!! But i was talking to a guy here recently as I am in the market but a USO or NF scope and I was told 1-4 scopes have to get sent back to get fixed buy USO. So i was advise to go with a NF or a Premier scope.

SN4s will outlast the cockroaches after WW3..If there is a problem with my SN4 even in my next life Im sure JBW XII or so will honor the warranty.

I can't think of any other scope manufacturer that will do what's in the link. If you can find me one other than USO, then I'll buy one of their scopes right now.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1258708&page=1

Some other dumbass did this to the scope and USO STILL replaced it. Tell me that customer service isn't the best. I'm not saying USO would do this for all of their scopes, but I personally have never seen a company do that. Too bad all US companies don't follow this example.

Re: uso warranty even in Spain

To all of you living in the US.... there are many US companies that have a good customer service for US customers but many lack the same treatment for the International ones.
Most International distributors are just vendors that got the dealership buy buying some scopes.... they dont want to deal with repairs , export licenses and all the hassle.
Most of the times repairs are slow and expensive or slow but free.... but always slow.
Some times there are no repair at all.

NOT WITH US Optics and Leupold (military) .

USO treats its customers second to none (all of them) SUPER QUICK SERVICE Internationally, and Leupold treats the Goverment military customers very well. Regular civilian customers have to go though the spanish distributor.... good but a little slow, but they get it done.

You can rely on USO and if youre a military unit on Leupold. VERY GOOD SERVICE
Eduardo

If you pick it up 2nd hand send JBWIII an email and he can get you all the factory instruction manuals and such. I have the sn-9 and the glass is amazing. About the same quality as my leica cameras!

I just pick up a scope from them Friday. Second one for me. There were some hick-ups from start to finish. The way US Optics handled it was, outstanding. So Outstanding, that I ordered another one right then and there. I won't worry about there service at all. They go out of there way like I have never thought any company would or could. I think if they keep there present course they should be selling scopes for a long time. So they should be able to provide service way into the future. I am nobody special ie; Copper, military. Just some one who likes to shoot. But they made me feel good about the purchase from the very start, no matter who I am.

I've just ordered two ST10's, Both Doc and Jeffrey have been great to deal with from the beginning.
Have been given my expected delivery date and know it will be a super special christmas!

I'm not concerned by the people who only have bad things to say about their USO products because you hear 50 bad experiences for 1 good one. No doubt the marksmen among us with their USO's are too busy shooting and having a good time.

Already itching to get to the range with them!

I recently purchased used USO scope. A variable power SN-4. The IR did not work. Replaced the battery and still did not work. Scope had been manufactured mid 08.

Called Becky and talked to her and she said send it in. I did and they replaced the entire Illuminated reticle set up. No charge--no questions and back to me within ten days total time. Pretty damn good customer service.

I have had good service from Leupold also, but not that good or that quick.

I rate USO,s service as the best I have had. I certainly would not hesitate to buy their product.

I am not trying to rattle you nor start a shitstorm for myself, but I would dub whomever told you that, uninformed. No company with such an abysmal quality control record would be able to stay in business, much less command the price/respect as does USO. Besides, I have it on good authority that 72.580% of all statistics are completely made up!

To the original post... I bought a used USO that was damaged due to, well lets just say circumstances not defined as manufacturing defects.... anyway, called 'em up, sent it in, had it back in-hand in just over 3 weeks good as new. Do they stand behind their stuff? Can't say. All I can say is that they stood behind the one I have. Will I buy another? Bet your ass I will. Great quality products generates business. Great quality + great customer service generates <span style="text-decoration: underline">repeat</span> business!

USO warranty??? uh how about take one to a combat zone beat the living snot out of it, come back with it, send it in for service, and get a new one because some things get beat up so much or JBWIII says his 'combat vets' get to go on the shelf and retire.

I have a couple USO scopes and want a few more. Not really interested in anything else because, well, I'm spoiled from damn good scopes from USO!
grin.gif